Who makes a good 4 into 2 system in black?

More
15 Apr 2007 04:47 #130260 by jeff781000
Who makes a good 4 into 2 system in black? was created by jeff781000
Looking to black out the bike and I like the symetry of 4-2 headers.Who makes one?I found MAC headers on e-bay but am not sure of the quality.

`78 KZ1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
15 Apr 2007 05:50 #130273 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Who makes a good 4 into 2 system in black?
I don't recall Kerker, Bassani or Yosh offering a 4-into-2 system, I could be wrong though. You might want to consider checking eBay for a used system from a GPz1100.

If you're wanting new though, I believe Mac (or maybe Jardine) is about all you're going to find in black.

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/04/15 08:53

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
15 Apr 2007 11:59 #130383 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Who makes a good 4 into 2 system in black?
I don't believe anyone is currently making a 4 into 2 in black. I bought a MAC 4 into 2 in black ceramic about a year ago but it was NOS... The box had been opened and someone tried to install the system unsucessfully. The reason is that the holes in the flanges are too small to go on 8mm studs on a KZ1000 head and the pipes didn't clear the frame downtubes easily. I fixed the flanges by hogging out the holes with a Dremmel and cutter and when putting the system on, spread the downtubes out by hand to get them cleared around the downtubes. The quality is so-so as with any MAC system but I am happy because I wanted a black 4 into 2. Oh yeah, the paint cracks when you tighten the flanges... they must be touched up. You can see pics in the gallery. The current MAC 4 into 2 for the KZ is chrome with turn out mufflers which are somewhat unattractive in my opinion. The only BLACK ceramic system I know of is the Kerker 4 into 1 (expensive). SITO makes a "4 into 4" that would likely fit but I have never seen one. They are supposed to be a replacement for a Z1 4 into 4. Denniskirk.com sells them but no pics. I have looked around a bit and can't find pics of this system aywhere but a friend told me they don't look the OEM pipes.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
15 Apr 2007 14:21 #130418 by jeff781000
Replied by jeff781000 on topic Who makes a good 4 into 2 system in black?
Ya,the MAC chrome 4-2 with the turnouts is ugly IMO.I want a straight black system.Maybe another option is keeping the stock headpipes and replacing the mufflers and coating it all black?

`78 KZ1000