Manuals on CD

More
13 Dec 2005 07:55 #12937 by waterman
Manuals on CD was created by waterman
I have bid on a few Kawasaki shop manuals on ebay and failed each time. I periodically see someone selling the manual on cd, is it worth it? A friend of mine bought one for his old car and the thing was poorly scanned, or scanned photocopies and pretty much sucked. Does anyone have any opinions on the 1000 manual on cd? I know it may be better than nothing, but I also don't want to waste my money when I can just keep trying to get the actual shop manual.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2005 11:41 #12963 by hmondo
Replied by hmondo on topic Manuals on CD
I have it on CD and it looks pretty good. The maunual that I have is the Kaswasaki part number 99924-1026-03. Contact me via email if you need more info (mondragonhector@yahoo.com)

1989 KZ1000 P-8 (Police)
1987 ZL1000
1986 Concours (Project Bike)

More
13 Dec 2005 12:07 #12966 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Manuals on CD
I got the J bike Kaw factory service manual on CD. Bought it on eBay. It also has the 73-80 900/1000 Clymers on CD. I actually like my paper manuals better as the .pdf files make it hard for me to find stuff with my old/slow computer. I bought the stuff from some eBay seller who regularly has the same auction up with a buy-it-now for only about $9.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
14 Dec 2005 21:15 #13259 by dannyg40
Replied by dannyg40 on topic Manuals on CD
I was looking at a seller on E-bay who also sells them manuals on CD. If you look at their feedback and previous auctions, you will see this person buys old shop manuals for bikes, cars etc. and then a week later he is selling the CD version that he scans and saves as a .pdf file. It's actually a nice little way to make some $$$. I thought of doing it with my book but I just hate to see an expensive shop manual having all the pages torn out so you can scan each one. It can be a nice feature though cause you can print out what you need when your doing something step by step. It does save the book from getting dirty.

More
15 Dec 2005 07:36 #13288 by hmondo
The only problem with scanning a manual and selling it is, that you are selling someone elses copyrighted information. If the owner (Kawasaki) of this information really wanted to, they could take you to the cleaners and wipe you out. (Just my opinion).

1989 KZ1000 P-8 (Police)
1987 ZL1000

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
15 Dec 2005 07:36 #13289 by Duck
Replied by Duck on topic Manuals on CD
I am soliciting scanned copies to make available free of charge.

see bama.edebris.com for old radio version of what I would like to build for old bikes

omma.edebris.com is the old motorcycle manual archive and just getting off the ground

if you have pdf, tiff, gif, djvu, or other digital format copy and woud like to share it, pleast ftp to bama.edebris.com and put in the upload directory

-Duck

More
15 Dec 2005 07:41 #13290 by hmondo
That's the way to do it Duck! I'll send you my manual. Have a good one!

1989 KZ1000 P-8 (Police)
1987 ZL1000

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
15 Dec 2005 08:18 #13302 by Duck
thanks H
will keep eye out for it.
-Duck

More
15 Dec 2005 11:46 #13337 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Manuals on CD
Duck, I have an upload speed of about 1 k/bit per second... The online manuals I just bought are in .pdf file form and it would take me WEEKS to ftp them. The same set is currently for sale on ebay and includes the factory service manual for the KZ1000J and the Clymers for the 900/1000 73-80s. buy-me-now is only about $10.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
15 Dec 2005 12:14 #13347 by hmondo
Hey Duck...any suggestions for uploading, since once I start uploading, I states that it will take over 8 hours to finish. (PDF format) I'm an old man and only have so much time to live LOL!

1989 KZ1000 P-8 (Police)
1987 ZL1000

More
16 Dec 2005 04:50 #13434 by FlavioteUy
Replied by FlavioteUy on topic Manuals on CD
Hi, i´m from Uruguay, and i´m other that needs the Z1000 manual :( , i recommend you that for uploading files use www.rapidshare.de , it´s very fast, and you only have to gave is the download link that rapidshare prvides to you after uploading, thanks, and hope you can upload!!

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
16 Dec 2005 06:37 #13447 by Duck
Start it at bedtime and see if it's done when you wake up?

-Duck