Clutch reassembly......?

More
11 Apr 2007 19:39 #129030 by Tyler
Clutch reassembly......? was created by Tyler
Hello all,

I am working on my '83 440 LTD Belt.

I just took my clutch apart and durring reassembly I noticed that the diaigram shows a ball behind the pressure plate lifter. There is not one there ( unless it rolled out) I am 90% sure this clutch does not have that ball because there is no pushrod through the mainshaft, there is a cam/lever mechanism in the primary cover. Is there supposed to be a steel ball there anyway?

Also I am a bit mixed on a few parts. There is a ball bearing in the pressure plate and the filfer. The lifter is held against bearing in the palte by the mechanism in the pirmay cover. I see no other spring or shims, is that correct?

Thank you

If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2007 21:32 #129096 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Clutch reassembly......?
I was able to answer my own question.

First off there is no replacement for the OEM Kawasaki service manual, because once I saw the exploded diagram it was plain as day. I really hate service manuals that skimp on pictures by using only one model... Oh well it was correct and the only thing holding the bearing in the pressure plate is the cam in the primary cover.

I finally figured out how to get the Diagrams on Kawasaki's website... Nice. B)

For those of you in the midwest I must appologise, because it was sunny and 45 degrees today, not a trace of snow. No more that 20 miles south of me it is snowing..... You see I took the snowblower out of the shead thinking I would need it... never fails.

Post edited by: Tyler, at: 2007/04/12 00:33

Post edited by: Tyler, at: 2007/04/12 00:40

If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.