Does anyone have a 77 kz1000 sprocket cover and clutch mechanism!?!!?

More
09 Apr 2007 20:50 #128333 by Sandy
kirmit77 wrote:

i have the money thats no prob bob! i just need to get it done! i just bought cams and pistons and all i really need is the lil electical things which i think im gettin from oldkawman and then i need valves and springs, thats it

Are You SURE that's all You need for the top end?
Do You have the shims and buckets?...valve retainers(keepers),etc.?

Do You still have the original cam bearings?
Are all the cam caps there?There should be 4 of them(caps) and numbered from 1 to 4 with arrows on them.

1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2007 21:29 #128352 by kirmit77
i have the bearings and the cam holder things and the rpm gauge thing but i dont have anything really for the valves, i have the lil rubber things down in there thats it

More
10 Apr 2007 21:20 #128698 by Sandy
You're going to need a few more items,Austin.
Valve-spring retainers,and keepers for sure.You say You have the rubber things(guide seals)...are they new,or are they used ones?GO NEW!
It sounds like You have a bit of a hill to climb as far as getting all the needed parts,Bud.
You don't have a manual,so in the meantime,go to kawasaki.com and start looking through the parts diagrams,and see what You can find,as far as parts needed.
When You get to that site,click on Owner info,and from there You want to go to parts diagrams,and them enter the needed info for Your bike...and then start downloading the pics and the part number info.
It's going to take a bit,but at least You'll have exploded views of all the parts You're going to need.
Also...copy and save all of the text info(part descriptions) so You'll be able to at least identify the said parts when You're asking about,and for them.

Here's the link to Kawis site...

www.kawasaki.com/Home/Home.aspx

1977 KZ1000 A-1