Clutch and various other parts...

More
08 Apr 2007 07:03 #127650 by torr10
Clutch and various other parts... was created by torr10
I'm near Raleigh, NC and I need some recommendations. I need to find parts for my 82 70CSR. Can anyone offer some good places to shop?

I know dealerships are high so I want to stay away from them..especially since Kaw of Durham said about $200 bucks for the clutch parts and that was without heavy duty springs...help!!!..Please...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2007 07:17 #127653 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Clutch and various other parts...
Is this a KZ750M1 twin?

Start with Jeff at www.z1enterprises.com you will have to conatct him by phone or e-mail for parts that are not listed on the website. His prices are generally lower than anyone else, and his service is better than anyone else.

Ron Ayers is second (link in "Links" section on lower right of this and every page), a little more expensive than Z1, but cheaper than the aptly named BikeBandit.com.

KD9JUR

More
08 Apr 2007 08:15 #127661 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic Clutch and various other parts...
Hi Torr. I just read your post in electricals and now know you are talking about a 750M1, same as mine. How do you know you need clutch parts? When I took mine apart they were practicaly new, just stuck together. Took them out, separated and oiled them and the clutch is as good as new? A bit of advice, it seems you don't have a Factory Service Manuel, these can be obtained on e-bay, between $20-70, you can also find Clymers manuel there also, I think the FSM is better. You will need to get one or the other. I'm pretty sure that Z1 has both clutch plates and springs, if you need them, and their service is fantastic.
Good luck and welcome, you have a good bike and a wealth of information and friendly(demented?:) people on this site
BTW, if you haven't heard yet, the inmates here require pictures, lots of pictures at all stages of your jouney into KZ-ness:).
Ron

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
08 Apr 2007 08:35 #127663 by Duck
Replied by Duck on topic Clutch and various other parts...
A good alternative to Ebay for manuals is http:/www.addall.com
Dealers tend to be MUCH more conscientious than the average Ebay putrid clam, ship a lot faster, and don't charge for 'handling'.

I've been buying books off this site for years.

-Duck

Post edited by: Duck, at: 2007/04/08 11:36

More
08 Apr 2007 17:25 #127824 by torr10
Replied by torr10 on topic Clutch and various other parts...
Hey Guys, thanks for the input. I did get a manual off ebay after I made that first post. Seems that problem turned out to be a blown fuse and an charging system that won't charge my battery very well.

I think I need a clutch because it's doing the same thing that a car will do when it needs a clutch...in high gear goose it and the engine revs beyond the speed you're going. Slipping ain't fun when you're going uphill and trying not to slow down the cagers behind you.

I saw the prices on bike bandit and I agree they seem high. I found another called Sick Moto that seemed better but I'm still looking.

Now I need to get some front forks that don't leak, fix the clutch and then I think I can have a fun summer...

More
08 Apr 2007 17:48 #127832 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic Clutch and various other parts...
Cool, yep sounds like you might be slipping. Clutch plates and springs don't seem hard to find, most of the regular places seem to have them. Another thought, have you started using one of the modern oils, that have slippery additives? I understand that these old bikes don't like additives, and can cause slipping clutches. Don't want to see ya spending $ if ya don't haf'ta' :)
Good luck

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades