Need shorter cables

• Grebnaws Inc.
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Mar 2007 21:05 #125084 by Grebnaws Inc.
Need shorter cables was created by Grebnaws Inc.
I installed a set of Euro bars on the bike and the clutch cable is way too long. The throttle and return cables are swung forward to take up the slack but they could be shorter still.

Rob at Z1 reccomended item #MP03-0001 to replace my throttle cables, but what about the clutch cable? Will the same part number also work for the clutch? I'm not familiar with the cable end types needed to work with the bike and know I can't judge by cable length alone.

What is everyone else using after changing their bars? I know the rest of you must have done this because those LTD bars are terrible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
30 Mar 2007 21:12 #125088 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Need shorter cables
Different cable (clutch in this case) will have a diff part# than the throttle cable, especially since the cable ends don't match between the two.

What I did was figure out what lengths I needed, then just took my old cables over to the local dealer where a friend in the parts department there matched the ends to cables of the needed length.
Armed with the part numbers for those cables, I checked on the Kawi website to see what bikes they fit, then found them on eBay for a lot less than dealer pricing. ;)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.