valve guides

More
23 Mar 2007 03:02 #122775 by nads.com
valve guides was created by nads.com
Maybe ape jay could chime in here. Why does ape make their guides .005 under? I mena whoo da hell wood needa, scuuz me i'm ober age here. Please tell. Everyone likes a good story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2007 02:07 #123017 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic valve guides
Am I in a dungeon? The walls are .005 apart so the water flows not enough to quench my thirst, but to want more.

More
24 Mar 2007 02:36 #123018 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic valve guides
Ok. "They" are me. They have been warned but still they do not listen. I have been warned also. Who is it then that is the one to be chasened? And if it is me can yu tell me that it's gonna be a good one again? What rule of truth will be used? I have not been under par, and only the truth will work. Talk of making a hard job a simple one or .....making another mistake. Witch will be chosen? Advertisement, or reality. What's it gonna be?
You can back them up, you can back up, you can back out, you can back over...me. Go for it. And no claims of confusion are allowed. Tonque tied? It's because I'm making it simple, do you get it. The last four words will give you bad base so don't use them. Your on your own now. After all isn't that the way you wanted to be, anyway? Now you know how the President feels. When noone listens anymore. I'm gonna get in trouble with this one. My point has to be. It's just me. That's how I learn to listen. I am unique. Like no other.

More
24 Mar 2007 06:21 #123036 by steell
Replied by steell on topic valve guides
Maybe you should send an e-mail to Jay at APE and ask him?

I don't think anyone else here can speak for him, I know I certainly can't.

KD9JUR

More
24 Mar 2007 13:14 #123136 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic valve guides
I am somewhat puzzled by this post. The part about our guides being.005 undersize makes about as much sense as the post that follow it.

In any case, the person posting didn't say where they are supposed to be under, so I will assume it is the inside diameter. Took some new guides out of stock and measured them. We have precision gage pin sets with every size from .062" to .500" by .001". I would assume the poster does not have these at his disposal also. I can put a .273" pin in the guides and slightly wiggle it. .274 is tight. Therefore I figure the hole is .2735"

Kaw exhaust valves are measuring .274" So I have to assume you left a "0" out of your posted figure.

After installation, a few strokes with your Sunnen Honall guide hone, and the bore is ready for installation.

If you don't have these tools, I would suggest you take your cylinder head to a shop that does.

Regards

Jay

• wireman
  • Visitor
24 Mar 2007 19:14 #123190 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic valve guides
:P that even makes sense to a non machinist type like me,anytime you press something in to a bore its going to slightly distort it and should be finish honed to make sure its round;)