Where Do I Find Rebuilt Parts?

More
19 Mar 2007 22:06 #121802 by 13thlevel
Where Do I Find Rebuilt Parts? was created by 13thlevel
Is there a company that rebuilds parts for KZ's? Like complete engines, carbs things like that. Suppose I want to build another engine for my bike this winter, where would I find a complete rebuilt/rebuildable engine? Are there any members of this board offering their services for rebuilt parts/engines? If I knew how, I would rebuild complete engines myself and sell them online.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2007 23:10 #121814 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Where Do I Find Rebuilt Parts?
You would go broke doing it :)

To rebuild a KZ motor to stock specs will cost you more than most people will pay, and that's if the parts are still available. Who will pay $2000 for a new motor when they can buy another bike for that price?

Actually, I think it would probably be over $2000, unless your labor is free.

KD9JUR

More
20 Mar 2007 05:18 #121850 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Where Do I Find Rebuilt Parts?
In order for someone to make money selling "crate" engines, they would have to purchase core engines and then the machinery needed to bore cylinders and do valve jobs. I doubt any legit business could afford to buy and engine and the parts and make a profit at the $2000 mentioned. Finding a steady supply of core engines would be a challenge. If you had cases manufactured as well as heads and blocks, I suspect the price would be even higher than remanufacturing engines.

Post edited by: kzrider, at: 2007/03/20 10:12

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• wireman
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2007 09:17 #121920 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Where Do I Find Rebuilt Parts?
it all depends on what kind of a motor you are after.ive talked to the guy who does my machine work about it we were thinking if you kept a couple rebuilt bottem ends sitting around one with a 900 crank and another with a 1000 crank you could always build the topend once you decided what it needed to be for the customer.;)