How about an engine stand for J motors?

• pstrbrc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '81 GPz 1100 project
More
18 Mar 2007 07:52 #121236 by pstrbrc
Just what the subject line says. I kept an eye on the thread about making brackets for an auto engine stand to hold a Kaw engine with bated breath. (Baited breath would smell like fish. IIIICKKK)
But, come time to post pics, everybody that posted showed two rear mounting bolts, and my engine seems to only have one. Anybody make this work on a J-motor?

\'81 GPz 1100 project
Elkhart, Kansas USA
\"Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.\" Groucho Marx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2007 16:54 #139012 by tuxedotito
Replied by tuxedotito on topic How about an engine stand for J motors?
Pulled my engine out to repaint the bottom end and ended up with the damn thing stripped to the cases...again:silly:
Also being sick and frustrated with not having a proper engine stand, I had a brainstorm. Took an old, crappy, yellow stand and reworked the pieces into a perfect J Motor stand(at least I think so).
The stand came with four 3/8" flat bars,a hole in each end and one of the ends with a small pipe extension; we all know what it looks like. I measured and trimmed two of the four pieces for the offset between the upper and lower front mounting points. I also trimmed a sacrificial pair of rubber isolators/mounts to fit flush inside the upper and lower mounting points. Next was to bolt the flat bars to the cases, plumb and level, and them clamp the base plate to the bar ends, then weld it up!
It came out so solid...I have had a shit eating grin going since Sunday!

1981 GPz1100, Wiseco 1170 Kit, BS34 carbs; #40 Pilot and #140 Main, UNI Filters, APE main and cylinder studs, DYNA S, DYNA Coils, and lots of hours. Working towards Megasquirt/Turbo one day!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

More
10 May 2007 16:57 #139013 by tuxedotito

1981 GPz1100, Wiseco 1170 Kit, BS34 carbs; #40 Pilot and #140 Main, UNI Filters, APE main and cylinder studs, DYNA S, DYNA Coils, and lots of hours. Working towards Megasquirt/Turbo one day!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

More
10 May 2007 16:59 #139014 by tuxedotito

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

More
10 May 2007 17:00 #139015 by tuxedotito

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

More
10 May 2007 17:02 #139016 by tuxedotito

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments: