starter clutch still not working!?!?

More
13 Mar 2007 15:26 #119872 by fmergey
starter clutch still not working!?!? was created by fmergey
Hello there,

I'm rebuilding the starter clutch of a KZ650 C3 of 79. I follow the very helpful "tutorial" in the archive. I was pretty happy when I received the new part today. I tested the assembly by hand and everything seemed to work like it is supposed to. Put the shaft back in the block and here it goes again, the famous whirl sound!! I have to say it engages a bit but as soon as there is too much compression it realeses.
I check the new roller diameter: 15mm (like the one previously in the bike!!great). So something else must be out of tolerance since the bike has 40k like the starter sprocket or the part that hold the rollers.
Did somebody out there experience the same problem or has some info on wear tolerance of those parts I could check before replace the full assembly? $$$$$$
Or for that matter any other thing I should check

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2007 05:44 #120626 by fmergey
Replied by fmergey on topic starter clutch still not working!?!?
Well, it looks like nobody had that problem before!!!
I even call Kawasaki tech support who has "THE ULIMATE SHOP MANUAL" and they don't even have the answer.:(

If by any chance someone is currently rebuilding the starter clutch or has the starter sprocket handy, could you please please please measure the diameter of this part.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.