engine stand designs, need images

More
08 Mar 2007 16:56 #118480 by drayman86
Replied by drayman86 on topic engine stand designs, need images
mountain wrote:

Drayman, here's the EBay link on that bike in MI:

Dude, don't tempt me! It's only about 90 miles from me. I've already got enough to do with my current bike, but sincerely...thanks for the tip!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mountain
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • go with the flow
More
13 Mar 2007 16:27 #119879 by mountain
Replied by mountain on topic engine stand designs, need images
Drayman, the Harbor freight engine stand was perfect for what I wanted. I copied FatKow's adapter pattern, left , right . No worries! Now I can spin my engine like a wing nut! Inline4's engine stand would be better for lower engine work, though. I guess when i do that I'll just have to make a bigger steel jig to fit my new stand!

1977 KZ 650 B1, I own two of them. Working on one custom rebuild, one daily rider. Used to have a third. Two 1978 KZ 650 C2 models, sold both. KZ owner since 1987.

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
More
14 Mar 2007 10:38 #120130 by wagonmaster69
Replied by wagonmaster69 on topic engine stand designs, need images
will that work as well on a 1000 engine I dont want to put to much stress on one side of my engine.

78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.

More
16 Mar 2007 07:27 #120662 by drayman86
Replied by drayman86 on topic engine stand designs, need images
mountain wrote:

Drayman, the Harbor freight engine stand was perfect for what I wanted. I copied FatKow's adapter pattern, left , right . No worries! Now I can spin my engine like a wing nut! Inline4's engine stand would be better for lower engine work, though. I guess when i do that I'll just have to make a bigger steel jig to fit my new stand!

Been out of town for most of the past two weeks, so haven't been on the forum.

Mountain, THANKS for the pics! Now I can make my measurements, print the pics, and take 'em down to my local welding/fab shop for fabrication (metal working capabilities in my own shop are rather limited).

More
16 Mar 2007 10:35 #120728 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic engine stand designs, need images
Takes about 20 minutes to make one for, oh, anything, with the origina mounting bolts, plates and a couple pieces of angle iron.

Put it all together with arc welder, and viola'- engine stand-able bikes.

I stopped using them sometime ago- instead, I bought an old, beat tool box, but very strong one- and converted it to a above navel hieght MC motor building stand.

when splitting the cases and whatnot= I always ended up pullig the motors off the stand fairly quickly. and some bike motors are just about split apart just from the way it mounts in the bike- you pull off the jugs of the V-65, and you have to split the cases next to get deep into it- engine stand is useless.

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.