Problems

More
06 Mar 2007 18:40 #117896 by Steve M
Replied by Steve M on topic Problems

Post edited by: Steve M, at: 2007/03/06 21:41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2007 19:14 #117909 by Nevco48
Replied by Nevco48 on topic Problems
77_650B1 wrote:

Hey guys, still 4 feet of snow on the ground here, but i was up to the garage that time to run the bike for a bit, and she's still got the same problems i put her away with.

Hmm, maybe just needs a little more time? Check again in a month?:whistle:

Sorry, just being a peckerhead:evil:

More
11 Mar 2007 15:13 #119266 by 77_650B1
Replied by 77_650B1 on topic Problems
Haha, yeah maybe in a month or so she'll be fine!

I guess thats what I've got to do, and they did hold a good tune for a whole summer, and not since, but she's been apart and back together since that. That bolt is back in, yes. I replaced the float valves too because she used to piss gas, but she ran excellent at the time other than that. I guess I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and clean em like you said, following the manual. I'll also make sure the Dyna is set up perfectly, that is something I'm good at. Any other suggestions would be great guys.

Also, could anyone tell me what size screws hold the bowl on vm24's? I'm gonna order a full set from Jeff, mine are horrible.

1977 KZ650-B1
-Dual Discs
-Dyna-S
-WG Coil Mod
-Alloy Wheels

More
11 Mar 2007 16:44 #119285 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic Problems
carbs get gummed from sitting and pilot jets get plugged. Plugs foul from cold weather starting. When the carbs are off hold your hand over each intak one at a time and crank the motor. If any of the four have weak suction, find out why. It'll be compression or vac. leak, good luck.

More
12 Mar 2007 15:41 #119570 by 77_650B1
Replied by 77_650B1 on topic Problems
So yeah, I've cleaned my carbs. They will be back on tomorrow. Only possible issue is that the pilot screw o-rings might not be the best. Should replacing those be my next step? I also did what nads.com said with the hand over the intake, they all suck my hand in the same amount, and harder than i expected. Also, my intake boots will be off tomorrow for inspection, with new clamps being installed after.

So then I guess its ignition. I'll clean off my plugs, they're pretty new, and make sure every cylinder is getting a good spark, then if I'm still not running the best, timing light to make sure the Dyna is set up right.

I'm just going through me steps to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'd be grateful if someone would call me on anything i missed.

1977 KZ650-B1
-Dual Discs
-Dyna-S
-WG Coil Mod
-Alloy Wheels

More
12 Mar 2007 20:27 #119672 by Steve M
Replied by Steve M on topic Problems
If you don't think the o-rings look the best then they should probably be replaced. You might be better off leaving your intake boots on and inspecting around the outside as much as possible. I've heard of people not getting a good seat on them after having them off and the older they get the worse it is. It's better if you get a spray bottle of water and with the bike running soak them down one at a time. If the idle dies off then you most likely have a leek. Other than that I think your on the right track.