new 4 into 1 mac pipe

• oldkaws4ever
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
25 Feb 2007 22:34 #115452 by oldkaws4ever
new 4 into 1 mac pipe was created by oldkaws4ever
i just put a 4 into 1 mac pipe on my 1974 z1 900, and does it sound good, it's got a real deep throaty sound. does anybody know if i could put a kerker muffler on a mac header. if any body knows please let me know. thanks

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2007 05:01 #115491 by indykaw77
Replied by indykaw77 on topic new 4 into 1 mac pipe
Physically, yeah....you could put it on there. Pipe sizes may need "adjusted" at the local muffler shop, and mounting angles, bracket location, etc might need tweaked.
One of the physics and engineering guru's here would have to chime in on performance, though....thats outta my pay-grade...:S

Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

More
28 Feb 2007 13:31 #116142 by kzjames
Replied by kzjames on topic new 4 into 1 mac pipe
why would you put a kerker muffler on the MAC headers if you like the sound? (I am assuming that you have a full MAC set up...)

I changed the Kerker on my GPZ to a MAC set up and like it better than the Kerker....

However... let me know how the MAC stands up.. the only thing that I do not like about my MAC is that my headers are showing rust (after being on the bike for less than 6 months... they were black when I bought them new.

There are others in the form... when they chime in, who will talk to you about air flow and back pressure and maybe the need to change jet sizes etc...

More
01 Mar 2007 11:43 #116420 by martijn
Replied by martijn on topic new 4 into 1 mac pipe
do these pipes have the same diameter as the stock ones?
=approx 39mm??