Any mid-Michigan Kaw folks?

More
14 Feb 2007 11:33 #112364 by drayman86
Any mid-Michigan Kaw folks? was created by drayman86
I'm currently involved in an engine re-build on a 650, and am looking to partner with one or more members involved with similar projects. Would like to pool resources such as knowledge, time/assistance, tools, etc. in a mutually cooperative arrangement, i.e. we help one another with what the other(s) need. PM me or contact gpkozak@yahoo.com. Thanks, and I look forward to meeting fellow project types.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2007 12:59 #112378 by rtg
Replied by rtg on topic Any mid-Michigan Kaw folks?
Drayman: saw your ad for somebody in the Lansing area that knows Kawasakis (vintage) I lived there for quite a few years and used to work at College Bike on Larch in Lansing ...became acquainted with FRED KLING a mechanic of long standing there...he was (probably still is) very good and knew his stuff!!! His son Fritz Kling was a very well-respected racer in the area and nationally as well...ya' might wanna' find him(Fred).

RTG
Rancho Mirage, Ca.

More
14 Feb 2007 18:11 #112459 by drayman86
Replied by drayman86 on topic Any mid-Michigan Kaw folks?
rtg

Thanks! I know about the College Bike Shop on Larch. Please check your PM account.

Post edited by: drayman86, at: 2007/02/14 21:38

• steveo_4192003
  • User
  • 77kz650b-1
More
16 Feb 2007 10:56 #112912 by steveo_4192003
Replied by steveo_4192003 on topic Any mid-Michigan Kaw folks?
im also from lansing (owosso) area and doing a 650/810cc on my 77 kz650 b-1. currently saving for the 810cc kit from ape racing and valve job.
cant say i have done this before,(on any bike) but any resources and info i find i will share.
and always ask questions, it just might save you time and money , or even your bike:silly:
people on this site really know the kaws and have excellent knowledge and tech expertise.
just ask (after searching archives) and you shall receive!!!

also this post should be into chit chat, just for future posts;)

1977 kz650b-1, 4-2exhaust systetm, pod filters ,jetted 112 main, 17.5 pilot

More
16 Feb 2007 20:14 #113019 by kawabunga500
Replied by kawabunga500 on topic Any mid-Michigan Kaw folks?
I'm in Lansing, and am working on a Kawasaki Vulcan 500AE. I have a little garage, but perhaps we can get together and work out some issues with both bikes (yours and mine). I recently cleaned the carbs, re-wired the harness and did regular maintenance on the bike. Let me know if I can be of any help. At the very least, I can be an extra set of hands.

Eric