Kaw Back in NHRA ProStock

More
20 Jan 2007 09:47 #107055 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic Kaw Back in NHRA ProStock
Lorcan wrote:

RomSpaceKnight wrote:

Do not Suzis rule prostock and top fuel these days?

No. S&S v-twins that resemble Harleys rule ProStock and Pumas that resemble Kawasakis rule Top Fuel.

;)

The top fuel bikes that rule, Spiderman and The Hulk have Pumas with Suzuki bore centers and use V&H Suzuki pro stock style heads.

Ron Webb from Alaska has the quickest fueler running a Trett lower end with Kawasaki bore centers and a McCormick billet KZ cylinder head. He has run 6.05. The two Suzuki based bikes have run in the 5.80s.

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2007 07:30 #107215 by BohicaBob
Replied by BohicaBob on topic Kaw Back in NHRA ProStock
Larry: Your link works today. The wonders of PCs and the Internet. I'm always amazed!

Disclosure: I work in the industry.:(

• larrycavan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Jan 2007 15:45 #107297 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic Kaw Back in NHRA ProStock
BohicaBob wrote:

Larry: Your link works today. The wonders of PCs and the Internet. I'm always amazed!

Disclosure: I work in the industry.:(

Bob,

Glad it works. There's a link inside that link to Dragbike with some pretty good discussion and RM reveals a little about his game plan for the bike.

I'd like to know more about that legal action deal. PM me with it if you like...

More
21 Jan 2007 19:56 #107364 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic Kaw Back in NHRA ProStock
APE Jay wrote:

Lorcan wrote:

RomSpaceKnight wrote:

No. S&S v-twins that resemble Harleys rule ProStock and Pumas that resemble Kawasakis rule Top Fuel.

;)

The top fuel bikes that rule, Spiderman and The Hulk have Pumas with Suzuki bore centers and use V&H Suzuki pro stock style heads.

Ron Webb from Alaska has the quickest fueler running a Trett lower end with Kawasaki bore centers and a McCormick billet KZ cylinder head. He has run 6.05. The two Suzuki based bikes have run in the 5.80s.

Jay

I thought Larrys bike was a puma/gpz hybrid?

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
23 Jan 2007 00:06 #107601 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic Kaw Back in NHRA ProStock
77KZ650 wrote:

APE Jay wrote:

Lorcan wrote:

RomSpaceKnight wrote:

;)

Jay

I thought Larrys bike was a puma/gpz hybrid?

Larrys bike was a Suzuki. The Kawasaki name appeared on it shortly after they gave him a free Mule.

I have made probably 15 big block cylinders for him in the past 10 years and they have all been Suzuki.

Jay

Post edited by: APE Jay, at: 2007/01/23 03:07