kz 750 twin oil filter location

More
20 Dec 2006 11:05 #100701 by ndali
kz 750 twin oil filter location was created by ndali
I am looking for the location of the oil filter on my 82 kz 750 twin. It is not in any of the usual places so I am assuming it is hidden under a panel somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2006 11:28 #100703 by Steve M
Replied by Steve M on topic kz 750 twin oil filter location
Hope this pic helps. Got it from www.buykawasaki.com

Post edited by: Steve M, at: 2006/12/20 14:31
Attachments:

More
20 Dec 2006 11:36 #100704 by Steve M
Replied by Steve M on topic kz 750 twin oil filter location
Sorry i'll try the pic again.
Attachments:

More
20 Dec 2006 11:45 #100707 by Nevco48
Replied by Nevco48 on topic kz 750 twin oil filter location
ndali wrote:

I am looking for the location of the oil filter on my 82 kz 750 twin. It is not in any of the usual places so I am assuming it is hidden under a panel somewhere.

They did a pretty good job at hiding it. You need to take off your front sproket cover, which means removing the shift lever, and I think the left foot peg bracket too.

crap, I'm giving semi-technical advice again, I better get back over to ChitChat with the other bozos...:pinch:

More
20 Dec 2006 12:38 #100723 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic kz 750 twin oil filter location
Nevco48 wrote:

ndali wrote:

They did a pretty good job at hiding it. You need to take off your front sproket cover, which means removing the shift lever, and I think the left foot peg bracket too.

crap, I'm giving semi-technical advice again, I better get back over to ChitChat with the other bozos...:pinch:

Ya got it right, Nevco. You do have to remove the left foot rest as well as the shift lever, to remove the front sprocket cover.
Ron

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

More
20 Dec 2006 15:03 #100746 by steell
Replied by steell on topic kz 750 twin oil filter location
By the way, you see that little bolt at the bottom of the cover in the pic above?

That is the oil filter drain bolt, remove it and drain the filter housing before removing the big bolt in the center.

Don't ask me how I know this :D

KD9JUR

More
20 Dec 2006 19:50 #100826 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic kz 750 twin oil filter location
steell wrote:

By the way, you see that little bolt at the bottom of the cover in the pic above?

That is the oil filter drain bolt, remove it and drain the filter housing before removing the big bolt in the center.

Don't ask me how I know this :D

Yeah, that messed me up, also, Steve;)

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades