Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Western NC ride bonanza coming up 27 Aug 2008 16:33 #234317

• gpzrox
  • gpzrox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Got a long weekend rally coming up that is really concentrating on --gasp-- riding. Sept 10th or 11th until the 14th. The ride schedule includes:

1)Thursday: Arby's in Hickory, which has been highlighted on the Travel Channel.

2) Fridays early bird ride, probably "just" up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

3) Friday night: Another local cruise in including cars and bikes.

4) Saturday: the main event: inluding Roan Mountain and Lake Lure, photoshoots, rides much like the Tail of the Dragon, but closer in. Also a run to Mt Mitchell, highest point east of the Rockies

Also on Saturday we have dual purpose, ATV and dirt, and superbike runs.

5) Sunday: the survivors can go on the rides they did not go on Saturday.

Interested? Give me an IM, I can tell you the details. And pics to follow, even though I may be the only KZR style rider there.
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Western NC ride bonanza coming up 28 Aug 2008 07:40 #234411

• tjhiggin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
My & a few other guys here in Hsv are hoping to do some riding in that area during the school calendar's fall break in early October. Should be fun, I'm really looking forward to it.
T.J. in Huntsville, Alabama
1983 KZ1100-A3, 1974 Honda CB550-4
Previous bikes: CB100, TS125, CB175, KZ400, CB500-4

Western NC ride bonanza coming up 28 Aug 2008 17:44 #234518

• jdsmithinc
  • User
  • You want some of this? Huh? Do ya?
I didnt know that there were so many of you that were so close. I live in Shelby, and really dont have anyone to ride with, everyone around here rides Harlies and most of them are pretty stuck on themselves. However there are 2 clubs around here that have a pretty diverse group, I just have not met any of them yet.
74 Kawasaki Z1 900
78 Honda CB 750
97 Ford F-150
Mustangs, too many to list on here (I like to rip the pieces of junk apart)
Located in Shelby, N.C.
If life gives you lemons make lemonade, then find someone whos life was given vodka and have a party.

Western NC ride bonanza coming up 28 Aug 2008 23:29 #234547

• gpzrox
  • User
TJ: I would "recommend" some roads, but all are good. You can get a T-shirt on the tail of the dragon. If you work the Blue Ridge Parkway, you have to come right through town on the detour.

JD: The club thing I know. I saw a group of extended swingarm, mohawk wearing women down your way last month: must have been 7 or 8 of them. The guys in my "club" are pretty diverse, but it is funny: cruiser x 20, interstate rig x3 or 4, a Harley or 5, and me. Now we have a GSXR in the field, woot!
I sooo want to take the GPZ down to the drag strip down your way: I haven't been down there in like 20 some years.

You want to come out and do a run on Friday or Saturday? It's free, and good fellowship.
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

Last edit: by gpzrox.

Western NC ride bonanza coming up 29 Aug 2008 00:55 #234554

• gpzrox
  • User
Updated email addy for interested parties.

Western NC ride bonanza coming up 29 Aug 2008 17:55 #234669

• jdsmithinc
  • User
  • You want some of this? Huh? Do ya?
Sorry man, I have to work all weekend this week. I will however have next weekend off!! I can fire up the old Z1 and burn up some road if it aint raining. Of course if the bike sells between now and then, the only riding I will be doing for a while is on my mower lol.
74 Kawasaki Z1 900
78 Honda CB 750
97 Ford F-150
Mustangs, too many to list on here (I like to rip the pieces of junk apart)
Located in Shelby, N.C.
If life gives you lemons make lemonade, then find someone whos life was given vodka and have a party.

• Page: