Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 18:14 #293758

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
So many things to say. The worst is for the children whose daddy never came home that night and won't come home ever again. Hopefully there are loving relatives willing and able to take them in a raise them.
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 22:50 #293789

• oldkaws4ever
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
  • Thank you received: 12
Wow, that is a sad thing to here.....im so sorry to hear this. I also lost a friend a couple years ago, he was killed by a drunk driver while we were out for a night ride. A few of the cops around here have a shitty attitude when it comes to motorcycles, i was talking to this one officer and he said all you assholes on motorcycles are the same. I said WTF does that mean? Just because a squid on a crotch rocket acts like an asswipe that makes you have a hard on for every other biker on the road? That isnt right.
74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

fallen ohio biker last night 27 May 2009 18:08 #294466

• buckinrut25
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Dont shoot me but you can not blame the officer for doing his job.I spent ten years with the Ky state police patroling a section of. I-75 I had a general rule that I would not bother to give chase to motorcycles at high speeds. maybe becuse I have been riding most of my life and have done it many times myself so I felt like a hipacrit. While on duty I got a bike on radar at 118 mph that I looked the other way on. he then proceded to go less than 2 miles from me he hit a car that pulled out of the right lane and did not see him. the impact sent the car into the guard rail and killed a 4 year old girl and the biker I was the first officer on the scene. I had to go to counciling for 6 mo and still blame myself for that if I had done my job they both may still be alive.so thats why I now give chase. Im very sorry for your loss just thought i would give another prospective.god bless his family and friends

fallen ohio biker last night 27 May 2009 18:25 #294470

• arai59
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Locozuna wrote:

Very sorry for your and his family's loss. Cop chases are not always a thinkable thing and having a plate means nothing. The driver of the bike has already shown bad judgment and disregard for the safety of others. The bike could be stolen, or the operator impaired and going to hurt himself or yes bikes can do considerable damage if children are in the street or even center punching another vehicle can hurt the cage occupants. An object weighing 400+ traveling at speed is a serious weapon whether it has 4 wheels or 2. The point is don't run. It's NEVER a smart move. It's not the cops fault.

I'm sorry for your loss as well. Nothing can undo whats happened. I agree with Loco...............don't run. It was a bad and tragic mistake.

Last edit: by arai59.

fallen ohio biker last night 27 May 2009 20:58 #294530

• KawiConvert
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
A friend of mine in high school ran from the cops. Led them on a merry chase for about 10 miles before the adrenalin bled off and common sense kicked in. He was mad they bumped his bike with the car when he stopped, knocking him and the bike over. Later he looked at it from their perspective and realized it was to prevent a foot race. The cops had no way of knowing if his common sense had kicked in yet or not.

No point in running, if your gonna speed and do other stunts on the road then suck it up and take the ticket. No point in ruining yours and everyone else's day over a few hundred bucks.
1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

Last edit: by KawiConvert.

fallen ohio biker last night 31 May 2009 19:38 #295398

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
  • Thank you received: 3
a sad time for all involved. Remember guys, we all make bad choices at some time in our lives... and many times find ourselves surprised to have survived. It is tragic to hear that your buddy was not so lucky and he lost so much. I feel for you and all he left behind.
1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

fallen ohio biker last night 31 May 2009 21:02 #295417

• jordan
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I am sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is hard, but losing a father must be very hard on his children. I know many bikers who wont go on a poker run, because there is usually alcohol involved. Sure you can just choose not to drink, but some people have a hard time saying no.
KZ810 streetfighter kz/gpz/gsxr
1983 gs1100e
1979 KZ 1000 1428 dragbike project
1974 kawasaki H1 500 sold :(
1972 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1973 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1982 kz750(sold)
1978 kz650 hardtail(sold)
1975 honda xl250-sold
1971 yamaha R5-sold
1982 yamaha xs400

fallen ohio biker last night 01 Jun 2009 14:07 #295513

• Tyler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 92
I very saddened to hear this. Five years back I lost a freind the same way. He had been drinking and I am sure he ran to avoid a possible DUI, he wasn't that bad but he would have been close to the legal limit. He was in the Air Force so a DUI would have had serious consiquences. Unfortunatly he didn't think that running at high speeds would have WORSE repricussions. I always feel differernt when I drive by that corner...:unsure:

You can always pay off a fine, get your license back or serve a jail sentance. Death I am afraid is a bit more final.
If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

fallen ohio biker last night 23 Jun 2009 21:57 #301683

• nads.com
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
buckinrut25 wrote:

Dont shoot me but you can not blame the officer for doing his job.I spent ten years with the Ky state police patroling a section of. I-75 I had a general rule that I would not bother to give chase to motorcycles at high speeds. maybe becuse I have been riding most of my life and have done it many times myself so I felt like a hipacrit. While on duty I got a bike on radar at 118 mph that I looked the other way on. he then proceded to go less than 2 miles from me he hit a car that pulled out of the right lane and did not see him. the impact sent the car into the guard rail and killed a 4 year old girl and the biker I was the first officer on the scene. I had to go to counciling for 6 mo and still blame myself for that if I had done my job they both may still be alive.so thats why I now give chase. Im very sorry for your loss just thought i would give another prospective.god bless his family and friends

There really is no way of knowing wether you would have been a part of the accident that occurred ahead of your car, the possibility of making it worse was a REALITY. Whenever Law Enforcement and motor vehicles are moving fast, the rule of thumb is that at least one of you has to be rational.

fallen ohio biker last night 24 Jun 2009 02:13 #301701

• NUB118
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
First, I am very sorry for your loss of a friend. It can be a terrible thing to go through.
Second, Being an ex cop, the reason the police chase people that run, is due to them running! It's there job! I have been involved in numerous pursuits with vehicles and bikes. The reason people run, is unknown until they shut it down or crash. Cops chase due to you not wanting to be stopped. THERE IS ALWAYS A REASON!
I dont understand why people always want to know why the police chased them. Because they didn't stop! That's why.
Again, I am very sorry for your loss. It is sad that anyone had to die. It was pointless.
IF YOU RUN......YOU'LL ONLY GO TO JAIL TIRED!!!

• Page: