Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 10:00 #293651

• gorack
  • gorack's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i watched my friend get chased by the police last night and wreck he was killed instantly, its really bothering me i just shook his hand and said becareful out there then 3-4 minutes later he goes screaming by my work police right behind him, he did not make the curve about a 1\4 mile from where i was standing:( he was 27 years old and has two young kids single parent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 10:50 #293658

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
I shake my head when I read this. Why would he run from the cops? With a family to provide for what happens to them now? Was he trying to beat a traffic ticket (which makes no sense) or was he wanted for something stronger than a ticket?

I feel sorry for his family he left behind. Let us know the rest of the story as I can't believe a normal person would run from cops to beat a ticket
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 10:59 #293659

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
OKC_Kent wrote:

I shake my head when I read this. Why would he run from the cops? With a family to provide for what happens to them now? Was he trying to beat a traffic ticket (which makes no sense) or was he wanted for something stronger than a ticket?

I feel sorry for his family he left behind. Let us know the rest of the story as I can't believe a normal person would run from cops to beat a ticket

I'm wondering the same thing. WTF

Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 11:00 #293661

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
sorry for your loss...and hang in there....craig
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 11:32 #293668

• gorack
  • gorack's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
he ran because he had been drinking, which im very set agaist, i dont go on poker runs because most of them are from bar to bar, i know he made the choice too run it was a fatal mistake, very bad choice on his part and he paid the ultimate price, my problem with this is why chase some one when u already got there plate number, i know there doing there job

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 11:38 #293670

• Yojymbo!
  • User
gorack wrote:

my problem with this is why chase some one when u already got there plate number, i know there doing there job

Because many police officers are uneducated hot heads with guns and the power to do whatever they like, and chasing somebody at 100mph is fun. The flipside is that maybe he would stop a drug smuggler or murderer on the run but both those scenarios are unlikely. The cop felt spited by your friend dipping out and was going to be the bigger man, now somebody is dead. And for what?

I am very sorry for your loss, having somebody be suddenly gone is such a hollow and horrible feeling.

Last edit: by Yojymbo!.

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 11:42 #293672

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Sad...very sad.
His poor family.(his kids)
Very sorry to hear this...I BET it's bothering you.

And ya...why WAS he trying to outrun the cops?
1977 KZ1000 A-1

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 11:44 #293675

• Russ Jackson
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I am very sorry for your loss. His poor decision will affect so many others for the rest of their lives. Only 27 years old very sad...Russ
1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 11:45 #293677

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
It was a bad choice and I don't understand why cops chase bikes regardless of plate knowledge or not. For the most part the only one who gets hurt is the rider so cops don't really care about them. Once in a while it backfires. A few years ago OKC cops gave chase to a biker. One cop lost control on a city street at a very high rate of speed and was killed when he hit a 3 foot diameter oak tree. The cops already knew who they were chasing and it could have been as simple as staking out the house later to catch him. They did catch him and he was charged with the murder of the cop!! He is now spending life in prison. He was being chased on a stolen bike report.
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 13:09 #293693

• kaw74z1
  • User
  • 0 to 60 in 15 minutes.
Sorry for your loss. Also I think it is a Big stupid game that the cops play when chasing a bike! Again I'm sorry for your loss.
1974 Z1 with a MKII And a 1105 big bore kit 10.5 to 1 comp. Andrews 2x cams ported head dyna s with green coils V&H sidewinder pipe airshifter 4in.over arm

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 13:24 #293697

• Locozuna
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Very sorry for your and his family's loss. Cop chases are not always a thinkable thing and having a plate means nothing. The driver of the bike has already shown bad judgment and disregard for the safety of others. The bike could be stolen, or the operator impaired and going to hurt himself or yes bikes can do considerable damage if children are in the street or even center punching another vehicle can hurt the cage occupants. An object weighing 400+ traveling at speed is a serious weapon whether it has 4 wheels or 2. The point is don't run. It's NEVER a smart move. It's not the cops fault.
KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

fallen ohio biker last night 24 May 2009 14:18 #293708

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Locozuna wrote: "The point is don't run. It's NEVER a smart move. It's not the cops fault."

I agree! The cops don't have mind reading ability. They don't know if you're running because you stole the bike, have a pocket full of crack, are avoiding a stack of arrest warrants, or are just a dummy trying to avoid a speeding ticket. Having the plate number doesn't identify who is on the bike or why they're running. I'm sorry that this guy bought it, but it doesn't make sense to blame the cops for performing their job. I'll echo Locozuna - don't run; it's NEVER a smart move.
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• Page: