Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 05 Aug 2009 17:21 #311844

• KawiConvert
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Cops should be held to a higher standard, but if we start with the cops next we need to go to their bosses and hold them to a higher standard. Go high enough and it falls back on regular citizens to be held to an even higher standard. So really you can get mad all you want at "cops" but if you take a second to look at the world through their eyes and try to do the job they have you might understand it differently.

Difference between cops and a mob are quite stark. Look up a protest in the US in the last 15 years and notice the cops take a lot of abuse from the mob that is hurling who knows what at them while resisting the urge to crack somebody in the head.

Lastly, a bad cop still doesn't excuse your own actions. A friend justified running from the cops (he was caught) because later it was found out the cop was abusive at home. Somehow running from the cops after breaking the law was ok with him then. Odd how that works.
1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 17 Oct 2010 00:15 #407150

• leakyseal
  • User
  • KZ pilot for life.
  • Thank you received: 0
Reminds me of an on duty cop that lost control in the rain,and sideswiped my sister years ago in texas.She was sober,cruising with a passanger on her yamaha enduro. :blink:
Neither were speeding.My sister and passenger were launched ove the cop car.The uninjured passenger ran because of warrants.

The forks had spun the bar end on impact which pushed the bar end into her groin.Missed her vagina by 2 inches,but dug in so far it nicked the main artery...she allmost died.She got $80'000 in court,but the lawyer,and debt took half.I think she deserved more. :angry:

She CAN have kids,and her sex life is fine.(i refuse to look at the scar because she's my sis):X

Even defensive pilots die all the time.When i hear about a local bike death,i call my riding friends asap to make sure it wasn't them ! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.