Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 26 Dec 2008 16:18 #254770

• arai59
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Poor kid. I feel bad for his family. One question though.....any you guys ever driven a car loaded ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 26 Dec 2008 17:48 #254775

• KZErider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
I think the point of this thread is not whether most all have commited offenses, but that some seem to get away with it because of their connections or because of some lax judges. I did my share, but never got arrested (lax officers) and was lucky enough not to hurt someone else. That's one of the main reasons I "keep coming back" (Bill W. lingo).
81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 26 Dec 2008 18:29 #254779

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
KZErider wrote:

I think the point of this thread is not whether most all have commited offenses, but that some seem to get away with it because of their connections or because of some lax judges. I did my share, but never got arrested (lax officers) and was lucky enough not to hurt someone else. That's one of the main reasons I "keep coming back" (Bill W. lingo).

ditto friend of mine too
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 26 Dec 2008 18:47 #254784

• arai59
  • User is blocked
KZErider wrote:

Exactly the answer I expected. Since you "got away" with it thats ok. Nevermind the guy was a cop.....and I agree he shouls get the exact punishment. However, it's funny to see the hatred for others doing wrong and the ease of excusing oneself.

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 27 Dec 2008 06:59 #254857

• KZErider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
I didn't "get away" with anything. I'm still paying for it.
81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 30 Dec 2008 16:28 #255434

• Randall the Vandal
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone, I'm a former Texas police officer of 15yrs. I got out of that profession because I just couldn't stand being around egotistical backstabbers who's sole purpose in life is to wreck someone elses. The only way to get promoted in that field is to be a suck ass, and I say that with all sincerity. So I decided to take up my second childhood dream of truck driving. A couple of years ago I was in a very volatile relationship with a bi-polar witch. When the shit finally hit the fan and I finally fought back, I was the one charged with aggravated assault. No, I didn't hit her, but I ran my truck into her broom (truck). Anyone who has spent any time with a bi-polar who refuses to take medication can feel for me on this one. Anyway, I went to jail and they set my bond at 30,000. Then when the district attorney found out I was a former cop, he had the judge raise it to 50,000. There was a guy there that molested a 4 yr old boy and his bond was set at 20,000...no shit! Maybe I should have stayed a cop and I would have went home that night...hahaha. I live in Texas, but I think I speak for any state that we have a f**ked up system. This has been my two cents, and yes I own 3 kz's. My prayers also go out to that 21yr old kid's family.
1976 kz900 ltd
1981 csr1000
1982 kz1100
2007 klr650

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 30 Dec 2008 20:14 #255463

• trianglelaguna
  • User
if it was not for good people becoming police officers and trying to help folks, i would have been in deep....deep... trouble a couple of times....i was given a chance and i put it to good use...so i try and remember those times when i get to deal with the other kinds of police......
the other night at our local open air market ..some young cop was really giving this poor homeless guy the screws...i stood so he could see he was being seen by public while he laid into this guy ....then walked over and gave the man our doggie bag of some killer seafood pasta.....he said thanks ,and god bless you ,and the cop rode off on his mountain bike......who knows maybe it helps maybe not...peace
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 02 Aug 2009 07:50 #310893

• MikeinN.H.KZ1Kst
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
God forgive me but everytime I turn around I see or hear something about Police officers acting just as badly as the people they go after and all they get is a slap on the wrist. They beat the H@!! out of someone they pull over but get away w/stuff like this on a regular basis. It makes me ill. I went railroading w/my Dad 3wks ago & followed 2 State trooper MC cops for over 5mi. They must've done at least 5 traffic infractions covered in the state course I took in that distance.

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 02 Aug 2009 08:20 #310897

• trianglelaguna
  • User
(youtube)
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 02 Aug 2009 17:12 #310958

• will61310
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
To the fella that mentioned the c.d.l. drivers - our blood alcohol level is only allowed to be half, and we get a d.w.i. whether we are on a bike, personal vehicle...whatever. in illinois the law is .08.. cdl=.04. Im not whining about it, but why shouldnt cops, airline pilots etc...etc... be put under those rules also? When im not in the truck, im off duty... 90% of cops still carry a gun off duty. so so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend..Will :(
...1980 LTD 1000...

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 05 Aug 2009 13:04 #311784

• TerryK
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I find it disturbing the mentality the general public has of the police. All cops are not bad cops. There is a very small percentage of them that are bad apples, much like every other occupation on this planet. Please do not lump them all together as bad. Who do you call if a drunk driver runs a loved one down in the street? Who do you curse if you are the one being handcuffed for having a few too many and getting behind the wheel?

The officers in the stories above are entitled to a fair trial just like anyone else and until the verdict is read, we have no right to label them guilty.

Yes, I know many police officers, my brother in law is a police officer and my oldest son is a police officer. All of them are decent, hard working people and not one of them deserves to be labeled like this.
1977 KZ1000
GSXR swingarm and rear brake
WM6 rear Akront rim
Wiseco 1075c pistons
33 smoothbores
stage 3 Web Cams
Head porting
Dyna S ignition
Lockhart oil cooler
Wiseco header

1980 Z1R drag bike
1200cc
38 Flatslides, .
500' cams
7" slick
Dyan 4000 SP ignition
etc

Ontario, Canada

Off-Duty Cop Kills Biker 05 Aug 2009 16:51 #311836

• 550A2
  • User
  • keep the shiny side up
They have earned the "mentality the general public" has about them for an endless list of reasons. I have no doubt in my mind there are good people in law inforcement who want to help people.

I am disgusted by these stories and i think they should be punished more harshly then civillians not only for what they did wrong but for deciving the public and their chiefs.

They are entitled to a fair trial, 90% of the time it isnt a fair trial.

I would never walk up to a cop and ask for help. I would rather get help from my family or friends, but thats illegal.

In conclusion i would like to ask for an answer to this question.

What is the difference between the Mob and the Police?

(the spiffy uniforms dont count)
82 Honda ATC 200-sold
82 Yamaha Virago 920-sold
82 Yamaha YZ250j-kept
80 Suzuki GS 550-sold
82 Kawasaki KZ550 A2-ride all the time
79 Kawasaki KZ650 C-sold
73 Kawasaki Z1 900E-paid $200, sold $6000
86 Yamaha Radian YX600-new project