Good-bye to my Daddy...... 04 May 2008 22:01 #211209

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Wow,madkaw...that's horrible.
SO sorry bud.:(
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 06 May 2008 13:49 #211603

• Qdude
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
I feel your sorrow. My Mom just passed ten days ago. It has caused me to think quite a bit.

I feel that our departed parents will always be with us. Right now. Imagine how you would be if you had never met him. You would not be you right now. He is with you right now in how you are, the kind of person you are. If you want to be with him you need only say hello.

They are our parents. They are here to bring us into the world then leave it to us to go on and do for others what they have done for us. The circle man.

Your Father had his life to live with the choices he made. These things are not for us to decide for others, especially not our parents. He did well, and you did him well too. I want to honor the choices my Mom made (thought she could heal breast cancer herself, didn't tell me 4 years ago) and honor the person she was. No regrets. That was then, this is now.

Our parents had to go and do something else. As per their choices. I feel I can say this, because I am there right now. But to me my sorrow is like when I was a kid and I would get upset that Dad would have to go to work. Sometimes people just gotta go.

I miss my Mom man. Only been a couple of days that I've been able to say that without tearing up. But I have been able to feel closer to her now than I have before. I believe this is a certain wisdom that only comes from this process.

Your Dad did well, from the sounds of it. Did a lot in his life. I am very sorry that there was the Coyote, and I hate the pain that it causes you.

I try to be the way I imagine they would like us to be right now. I sincerely doubt that your Dad would be down with the sadness.
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 07 May 2008 22:59 #211981

• MadKaw500
  • MadKaw500's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
thanx ya'll, I appreciate the kindness. time is supposed to heal all wounds, but some are deeper than others. the only truth I've been able to pull from all this, is that only feelings held so close to the heart, can can cause it so much pain when they're severed. the very fact that we have such pain, is only proof that there was an equal and opposite love that was soooo good. kind of falls under Karma.

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 08 May 2008 10:28 #212046

• 79MKII
  • User
  • Love Them Kaws!
  • Thank you received: 43
Sorry about your Dad Madkaw. My father just died 3 weeks ago and I'm not dealing with it very well. He only rode motorcycles occasionally but bought me many bikes when I was a child. His obituary was online through the local newspaper and one of my friends added a comment that one of his best memories was of my Dad taking him for his first motorcycle ride on my older brother's new '77 KZ1000. My Dad was 68 and I was not ready to go through this yet, even at 39 years old. :( I hope time helps us all to deal with the losses in our lives.
The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 10 May 2008 07:52 #212537

• MadKaw500
  • MadKaw500's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I feel ya man. sorry bout your Dad man, words fail.

• Page: