Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 08:04 #210862

• MadKaw500
  • MadKaw500's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I can hardly bring myself to type these words without tears flowing down my face. it'll be 2 years on 6/10/08 that I lost my Dad. he was riding his Vulcan to work at about 5:30 in the morning when he struck a coyote that darted across the road. he was thrown from the bike and hit his unhelmeted head. I got the call from my grandmother that morning @ 8:30 to hear her crying for the first time in my 37 years. I just new she was going to tell me that my grandpa had died, but then that wasn't what came out of her mouth. what she said blended into the worst thing I could have heard at that time. that my Daddy, my Hero, the man who got me a motorcycle for my 5th birthday, had coached my little league team, who tickled me till I pee'd....was gone.

what kind of pain was this? I had know people who died before, even family members, but this was different. and it hasn't left me yet. he raced motocross when I was little, raced cars when his body couldn't land the big jumps anymore, had even been in bike wrecks, but a stupid dog took him out? inconcievable!!! I was never going to hear him laugh again...never ride with him again, my youngest daughter wouldn't remember him except through pictures and stories. its all too much....

so call your Dad, give him a hug, no matter what stupid man pride makes you think. I'll never get that chance again...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 08:09 #210865

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
So sorry to hear. :(

My condolences to you and your family.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 09:00 #210875

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
My condolences, and I feel your pain bud.

After watching my father suffer for two years, he finally lost his battle with cancer in September of '97 at the age of 57.
As morbid as it may sound, it was actually a relief when he passed away because he was no longer suffering.
There's a lot of things we never made the time to do together, riding together on m/c's being one of them.:(

I had a very close friend who was a mentor and like a big bro to me die from drowning in '87.
His death brought more grief than my fathers since it was so sudden.
He'd seen the tail end of the V.N. war, been through all 4 branches of the service (some more than once), and honestly had no fear of just about anything.
He had a saying...There's only two things I'm afraid of; wimun and the po-lice.:laugh:
Yet while swimming in a small lake, he (very unlike him to do) panicked when he got severe stomach cramps and drowned.

There's not a day goes by that I don't think about and miss them both, but it has become less painful.
What gets me by is remembering all of the great times I shared with them both, and praying that I will be remembered as fondly when my time comes.

So make the time to spend with those who are close to you, and treat each day as if it truly matters...because it does. :)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 13:00 #210900

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Nice storys you guys told, got a little teary eyed there. I too lost my dad back in 85 and I think about him dayly, as time passes it gets ezayer but I know what your talking about. My dad didn't ride but he pretty much paid for my twin bro's first mini-bike when we were around 8 and lent me the $$ to buy my KZ back in 77. He was a great dad and I miss him very much.
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 13:49 #210906

• Beatpoet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry to hear about your loss...

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 14:30 #210913

• MadKaw500
  • User
thanx a lot guys, I know this is universal...its hard to let the pain go for time you'll never get to have. the memories are great and I wouldn't trade them, but there should be new ones to be had. he was 57 and should have had a lot more years.

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 15:05 #210917

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
just remember the goodtimes everytime you jump on your bike.when my uncle died in spring of 2005 my whole world came crashing down around me.he got me started on bikes and boats,taught me how to wire and plumb and run equipment.i was having health issues of my own at the time and decided i didnt care about anything including work anymore for almost a year,but im finally back to dealing with life again.it takes time but you will get there,just remember hes always riding with you B)
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 15:14 #210919

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
My dad died on his bike 6 years ago this month. He talked me into buying my first KZ1000 back in 84. He had ridden bikes and raced his entire life. He got me started riding back in 5th grade on an old Penton 125. He was my friend as I got older and we always had a common love. Motorcycles. As I read the posts here I am tearing up. Sucks because I'm in the library. lol I know it doesn't make it easier knowing that other people have gone through the same pain of a sudden loss, but it will get easier. just remember the good things.
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Last edit: by donthekawguy. Reason: spelling of course

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 15:37 #210928

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
as i read these threads, i feel for all of you.
i have to wait till june 26th to post mine.
it's so sad to think about how it only takes a split second for your life to change forever.

madkaw500 wrote:

so call your Dad, give him a hug, no matter what stupid man pride makes you think.

that is some of the best advice i ever heard.

this is one club i wish i was not a member of.
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 03 May 2008 20:04 #210982

• MadKaw500
  • User
this club shouldn't exist.....sucks

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 04 May 2008 01:10 #211027

• redd
  • User
  • Imps are mischievous.
So sorry to hear. :(

My condolences to you and your family.

just rember the good/funny times you had.
and he'll always be with you ....
yam 125 green

Kawasaki 305 crs (in bits)black
kawasaki 305 crs (working)navey blue

Good-bye to my Daddy...... 04 May 2008 01:15 #211028

• A3440
  • User
You know, talking about it is one of the best ways to help yourself deal with it. You have memories and pictures to help you remember him, so when you look at him in his pictures or see him in your head don't be sad, smile and remember how happy he made you and say that's my dad. Be proud that you had him in your life and you were in his. Just remember that you have kids...they need to know that happiness and love you felt with your dad. The pain will go away in time, I know this first hand, just be strong and remember the good times.
1982 KZ440 LTD - Now Running

• Page: