Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 05:02 #882776

• VirusDumb
  • VirusDumb's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>How long do washing machines last? 5 or 10 years?
My 72 Maytag is still purring and washing clothes, they don't make em like they used to.

if they made it like they used to, they wouldn't sell like they sell now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 05:08 #882777

• VirusDumb
  • User

I think EM's (electric motorcycles) are fine in some applications, like commuting to work.  I would still enjoy the two wheel thrill with wind in my face.  But range is too limited to be a versatile rider.  Solid state battery technology will help, but I would only be interested when I see around 500 miles of range before recharge.
I agree that's why I'm looking forward to them but

I mean they aren't advertising them as such, electric motorcycle on sale now are trying to be advertised like 200 American feet pound something (why are American units like that) torque monsters that'll replace normal motorcycles, I mean for commuting electric mopeds and scooters make more sense they're practical don't need high level licence and have storage spaces to hold your lunch, and you don't need 200 Nm of torque to commute to work, th

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 05:30 #882778

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 223
Actually it's lb/ft but whose counting?
The new electric bicycles are the way to commute if you’re within range but good ones ain’t cheap and they can suddenly burn down your house.
"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren3200gt

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 05:35 #882780

• VirusDumb
  • User

Stereordinary, I think I understand your "ends in death" theory. But maybe that’s the way it should play out.

Think about movie actors. We remember them as young and rugged or pretty then they disappear for a while. Suddenly they reappear in a new movie in the series, only they’re old and broken playing the part of a younger man… and we’re not supposed to notice? It’s sad. Sean Connery comes to mind in James Bond 'Never say never again'.
Or Harrison Ford and Karen Allen in that last 'Raiders of the lost ark' movie. 
Im not saying these actors should die but there should be a law that states when an actor ages beyond what we first remember them by, they can no longer make movies. At least in those types of roles.

And don’t even get me started on rock stars.

So maybe motorcycles are the same way. The Z line is still chugging on. In fact I own one of the modern ones, a 2017 z900. It’s a fantastic bike which outperforms the original 900 in every measurable aspect save one, the historical aspect. The Z1 achieved a greatness that few motorcycles ever can.

The Japanese call it "sugomi", 'an aura of greatness felt by the viewer'… My z900 is supposed to look like a large predator, a leopard about to pounce (I think). And if I’m looking at it after drinking a couple of whiskeys, I just might see it but normally to me it just looks like a bug. But what a bug it is.
In my opinion the new Z's are really not "Z"s".

Back to electric motorcycles… If they had a manual gearbox, that may be a game changer but they won’t. The electric motor gives full torque from zero rpm so there’s no need for one. The gearbox would only add friction to the driveline, add weight and hurt the range.
I think Kawasaki understands this with their hybrid bike but holy moly what a complicated machine.

even though the law part is going to far but I agree, in India Bollywood killed itself in that exact way, because of nepotism only kids of already famous stars from the 80s got casted in bigger movies and they really sucked and cuz of that the older actors who are now older than Tom Cruise kept playing young main characters, but if you see like for example in bladerunner 2049, they don't bring Harison Ford back as the main character, but as like a throwback to the orginal like a tribute, like the z900rs sort of, now the z900 is still the best inline 4 900cc you can get right now, and the Z-h2 is the craziest and fastest Street fighter out there 

The thing with the Z series is it won't end in death it's supposed to end and end to become a legend. Like the fast and furious movies they could've ended fast and furious on the 7th movie, but after that they kept going and with a fast and furious movie coming out every 2 years it really lost it's magic

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 06:22 #882783

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
"even though the law part is going to far but I agree, in India Bollywood killed itself in that exact way, because of nepotism only kids of already famous stars from the 80s got casted in bigger movies and they really sucked and cuz of that the older actors who are now older than Tom Cruise kept playing young main characters, but if you see like for example in bladerunner 2049, they don't bring Harison Ford back as the main character, but as like a throwback to the orginal like a tribute, like the z900rs sort of, now the z900 is still the best inline 4 900cc you can get right now, and the Z-h2 is the craziest and fastest Street fighter out there 

The thing with the Z series is it won't end in death it's supposed to end and end to become a legend. Like the fast and furious movies they could've ended fast and furious on the 7th movie, but after that they kept going and with a fast and furious movie coming out every 2 years it really lost it's magic"

~~~>>> Maybe "law" is going too far but if I become dictator of the world, look out!
I very much considered a ZH2 but found it’s weight off putting  and just what was I going to do with all that power? Really.
The z900 is plenty fast at 115rwhp and fairly lightweight.

The Z will go down in history. I’m still pissed off Honda beat Kawasaki to the punch with the cb750 in 1969 but that got them motivated to build their 900 and really get the ball rolling.
In a way, the same thing has happened with Kawasaki again, only with Yamaha. A few years ago Yamaha came out with the FZ-09 triple and sold a ton of them. Kawasaki, after a few years, countered with the z900, which is the better bike. History repeats?

Netflix has "RRR" which is the first Bollywood movie I ever saw. I loved it. Seen it twice.

"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)
The following user(s) said Thank You: VirusDumb

Last edit: by blipco.

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 09:34 #882796

• VirusDumb
  • User

"even though the law part is going to far but I agree, in India Bollywood killed itself in that exact way, because of nepotism only kids of already famous stars from the 80s got casted in bigger movies and they really sucked and cuz of that the older actors who are now older than Tom Cruise kept playing young main characters, but if you see like for example in bladerunner 2049, they don't bring Harison Ford back as the main character, but as like a throwback to the orginal like a tribute, like the z900rs sort of, now the z900 is still the best inline 4 900cc you can get right now, and the Z-h2 is the craziest and fastest Street fighter out there 

The thing with the Z series is it won't end in death it's supposed to end and end to become a legend. Like the fast and furious movies they could've ended fast and furious on the 7th movie, but after that they kept going and with a fast and furious movie coming out every 2 years it really lost it's magic"

~~~>>> Maybe "law" is going too far but if I become dictator of the world, look out!
I very much considered a ZH2 but found it’s weight off putting  and just what was I going to do with all that power? Really.
The z900 is plenty fast at 115rwhp and fairly lightweight.

The Z will go down in history. I’m still pissed off Honda beat Kawasaki to the punch with the cb750 in 1969 but that got them motivated to build their 900 and really get the ball rolling.
In a way, the same thing has happened with Kawasaki again, only with Yamaha. A few years ago Yamaha came out with the FZ-09 triple and sold a ton of them. Kawasaki, after a few years, countered with the z900, which is the better bike. History repeats?

Netflix has "RRR" which is the first Bollywood movie I ever saw. I loved it. Seen it twice.

Let me blow your mind real quick:- RRR is not a Bollywood film, it's exactly what replaced Bollywood after the death here in India.

Bollywood= is actually the name of the movie industry that's based on Mumbai (which used to be called Bombay in the British period, so Bombay+Hollywood= Bollywood)

so like Los Angeles, movies that have been shot in/ made by production houses in Bombay or Mumbai are called Bollywood movies and the Bollywood film industry. Now Bollywood shot movies in Hindi which is the most common language almost all states in India speak but India is a diverse country with almost each state has a different language (there are 22 languages here in India) so a regional film industry also existed in each state that made films in the regional language, One of them was the Telegu Cinema industry.

When in the last 5 years Bollywood shot bad movies with bad actors who were usually kids of other stars, the Telegu movie industry started dubbing their films in Hindi to release them India wide and that led to the rise of the industry outside Telegu speaking states, and more people started watching Telegu action films dubbed in Hindi and now 4 of the 5 most top grossing films in India are Telegu films, and when COVID happened it entirely killed Bollywood for once and for good, so when cinemas re opened all they had was the Spiderman noway home film and RRR dubbed in Hindi, which let RRR to quickly become a hit

The following user(s) said Thank You: blipco

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 14:52 #882809

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
Thanks for that explanation which I obviously knew nothing about. In fact I don’t know a whole lot about India. But watching the video makes me want to watch RRR again at some point. Beautiful cinematography.

I do enjoy watching motorcycle reviews from Power Drift and Auto Car. Those testers have great energy and are very entertaining.
Other YouTube videos I watch are from individual YouTube bloggers riding through major Indian cities. They are terrifying! Crowded roads with no apparent rules with people and farm animals crossing highways at any particular point at any time. Crazy. I’m not sure I would be up to riding there.

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 16:17 #882815

• VirusDumb
  • User

I do enjoy watching motorcycle reviews from Power Drift and Auto Car. Those testers have great energy and are very entertaining.
Other YouTube videos I watch are from individual YouTube bloggers riding through major Indian cities. They are terrifying! Crowded roads with no apparent rules with people and farm animals crossing highways at any particular point at any time. Crazy. I’m not sure I would be up to riding there.
that's why people here in India use their motorcycles like people in the west use cars, they are much easier to squeeze through the crowded traffic, there are rules but most people are in too much hurry to follow them so cars are only like there's one in every family that's used only during holidays, and each family member have their own motorcycles which they to go to work on, pick up kids from school, get groceries.

I see atleast one person who has a polythene bag carrying milk or other stuff hanging by one of the handles on a Royal Enfield Bullet with a kid in the pillion in uniform at a red light almost everyday. In these cases a electric motorcycle may shine but you don't still need 200 nm of torque for that, an electric scooters would do just fine, which I'm seeing a lot these days on the road, there's no point of motorcycles going electric still 

Last edit: by VirusDumb.

Thoughts on the Z ev 09 Apr 2023 17:59 #882823

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
Short commutes would be good for EV and a scooter configuration would be best as it allows for more storage and weather protection.
For years I commuted five to seven miles to down town using my 250cc Honda Helix scooter in all sorts of weather. Taking one of my motorcycles made no sense. The twist and go nature of the scooter is a welcome relief after a full day working heavy construction.
I already owned the Helix but if I had to buy a vehicle for that very specific task, an electric scooter would make sense if the range and speed was reasonable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VirusDumb

Thoughts on the Z ev 10 Apr 2023 01:37 #882842

• VirusDumb
  • User
Exactly it makes no sense to have a motorcycle EV over a scooter, like why do these even have a tank

Thoughts on the Z ev 10 Apr 2023 04:26 #882844

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P

Exactly it makes no sense to have a motorcycle EV over a scooter, like why do these even have a tank

~~~>>> Bingo! Right there. People like familiar things so they try to fool us by mounting a "gas tank" to make it look like a regular motorcycle. I don’t see it that way. I see a fake motorcycle.
The body on a sport bike design must be in such a way that you can grab something with your knees. It could be an ergonomically storage box instead of fake gas tank. But storing stuff up high will raise the bike’s CG on an already heavy bike. Not good.
So a scooter type EV is the best way to go except… real men won’t ride scooters. Believe me. As a scooter owner since the nineties I’ve caught my share of flak from real men who only ride motorcycles. That is… until they ride mine. 

I'm probably responsible for a dozen Helix owners in my part of the world. 
I have a friend who used to have a Hayabusa. He actually topped it out on RT 89 in Vermont. Topping out a Busa is the work of a real man. I was a little surprised to find out he also owned a Honda Elite 250cc scooter. He told me he bops around town on it plus he can’t pick up a pizza on the Busa. 
So I coined his phrase. He told me when his friends give him crap over the scooter he throws them the keys and says… "Take it for a ride and I challenge you to come back without a smile on your face".
(I first heard him say that to my brother as he was buying that very same 250 Elite.) (He was my first convert. LOL)
So I say the same thing and not once have I not seen anybody come back grinning from ear to ear. 

Anyways, the motorcycle manufacturers should design electric motorcycles from a clean slate and let the chips fall where they will. If they’re any good, people will buy them. 

Thoughts on the Z ev 10 Apr 2023 08:41 #882852

• VirusDumb
  • User

~~~>>> Bingo! Right there. People like familiar things so they try to fool us by mounting a "gas tank" to make it look like a regular motorcycle. I don’t see it that way. I see a fake motorcycle.
The body on a sport bike design must be in such a way that you can grab something with your knees. It could be an ergonomically storage box instead of fake gas tank. But storing stuff up high will raise the bike’s CG on an already heavy bike. Not good.
So a scooter type EV is the best way to go except… real men won’t ride scooters. Believe me. As a scooter owner since the nineties I’ve caught my share of flak from real men who only ride motorcycles. That is… until they ride mine. 

I'm probably responsible for a dozen Helix owners in my part of the world. 
I have a friend who used to have a Hayabusa. He actually topped it out on RT 89 in Vermont. Topping out a Busa is the work of a real man. I was a little surprised to find out he also owned a Honda Elite 250cc scooter. He told me he bops around town on it plus he can’t pick up a pizza on the Busa. 
So I coined his phrase. He told me when his friends give him crap over the scooter he throws them the keys and says… "Take it for a ride and I challenge you to come back without a smile on your face".
(I first heard him say that to my brother as he was buying that very same 250 Elite.) (He was my first convert. LOL)
So I say the same thing and not once have I not seen anybody come back grinning from ear to ear. 

Anyways, the motorcycle manufacturers should design electric motorcycles from a clean slate and let the chips fall where they will. If they’re any good, people will buy them. 

I don't know what's this about real men not riding scooters, but I can assure you a guy with skill and riding experience can easily kick a "real man" ass on a motorcycle, a 250 cc engine is actually considered big in India and scooters here are 100-125 cc, most bikes on the street are 110cc - 500cc thumpers, I learnt to ride on my dad's 110cc motorcycle but I use a Honda Dio which is also a 110cc to get around.

Also there's one electric motorcycle which doesn't pretend to be a engined motorcycle it's all called the BST Hypertek

This guy talks about it in this video

The following user(s) said Thank You: blipco

Last edit: by VirusDumb.