Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 06 Aug 2022 17:45 #871785

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 292
Well my bike is sorted and running great! We are now diving into Daves Turbo “Dirk Digler” street legend!
1978 KZ 1000B (73 tribute)
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1976 Honda Elsinore MT250
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, SWest, Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 06 Aug 2022 20:39 #871794

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Street Fighter LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1969
1134 pm and the guys just left.
 A great time and got lots done
Wheelhops bike is running good and   WE GOT MY TURBO  FIRED UP TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blew  tons of snot out of my pipes  and raw fuel on initial start up , but purring now.   YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to all who attended and pitched in 
Dave  ,,Or is it Dirk ?????????????????
LMAO

Good Night

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, Wookie58

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 06 Aug 2022 21:07 #871796

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
Great weekend! Thanks to our host Dave “Dirk” the man! Matt “Mikaw” was instrumental in getting both bikes running, thanks Matt!  Let’s get together again soon!
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, SWest, Wookie58

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 01:28 #871803

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1783

Great weekend! Thanks to our host Dave “Dirk” the man! Matt “Mikaw” was instrumental in getting both bikes running, thanks Matt!  Let’s get together again soon!
Looks like the new name is gonna stick Dave 

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 03:54 #871804

• rscone11
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9
Thats awesome! I'll try to make it next year!!

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 06:16 #871810

• Street Fighter LTD
Morning after  shot 
Polebarn is at rest aftger a whirlwind  2 days 
Matt ( MIKAW ) was amazing... He busted his ass working on other peoples bikes
Thanks so much to Matt for leading the charge..
We all wanted to go boating , but it was brutal out in the sun  . So we just turned on more large blowers and stayed inside..
I've made a list of small but needed things to do to make my Turbo 100 percent  
Taking a break today to recharge my own batteries .. ( A nap is in my future ) LOL
Jim   (Wheelhop ) is loaded up and left my place this morning  headed back to Chicago ( Safe travels Jim )

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 08:25 #871816

• Kofla
  • User
  • Thank you received: 27
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! 
1978 Kawasaki KZ-1000 LTD

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 08:36 #871819

• Street Fighter LTD
Since we are all having fun  with this 
Here are some more Dirk at his best pictures
 Most were taken for a Hot Bike  Magazine  shoot Back In The Day

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 09:58 #871822

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1858
   Jim (Wheelhop) bought a bike that had had some serious backyard mechanic treatment. Everywhere we looked we found something loose, backwards, or out of proper adjustments. We were able to knock out some of the more serious items, and got it running. Now comes the hard part, tuning and fine tweaks to get it back to it’s former glory. It was a nonstop day and a half of discovery and corrections. Even as we were wrapping up last night I noticed the front axle clamps were on backwards and the gap between the clamp and fork lower was incorrect. I’d seriously say that bike needs a complete front to back in-depth once, even twice over before is goes on the road. It’s a beautiful bike but a poster child for the unknown. New buyers of these 40+ year old bikes  really need to do more than putting gas in the tank and getting them started. There could be a serious time bomb waiting to go off and seriously hurt you. 

Now it’s late Saturday evening but I wanted to help “Dirk” with his simple request, more then justified seeing how he opened up his home for us wanders to gather. “Trace thru the harness and look for an obvious problem that shut down the beast several years ago.” I straightened out some routing and freed up some needed length to actually dig in to look see. Basically all intact with mostly clean connections just needed to be reconnected. Dave had a new battery and we were able to get the bike woke up electrically. Of course the temptation to hit the starter button was more than any of us could resist. A quick test and it turned over, now who in there right mind wouldn’t want to go further. Some fresh fuel in the tank, tank back in its rightful place, and the fuel line connected. The desire to hear the road warrior fire was quickly rained upon when the first several minutes of cranking disappointed and only produced the sound of the starter turning over. Dave said “ok” let’s start with the basics. We hooked up a timing light to #1 and hit the starter. Spark was confirmed by flash from the timing light and the lovely sound of one cylinder fighting to wake up. Dave hit the starter again and a cough, a wheeze, and bang the bad boy said hello. We found the choke, turned up the idle and hit the button again and it lit the fuse and roared to life. Extremely satisfying to feel Dave’s energy build as the reality settled in that it’s on its way back. 

It was great putting faces to words posted here, both new and old. A great time, thanks!
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Last edit: by Mikaw.

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 10:06 #871823

• Street Fighter LTD
Matt 
 Your energy was  inspiring .  
You were a non stop  get er done  wildman
Jim and I  owe you our  thanks for your hard work
We will get Jim back soon and put it in my underground workshop and  make it a   true  rider with no faults
Dirk D

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw, Wheelhop

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 15:42 #871836

• Dragbike_Mike
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 104

Morning after  shot 
Polebarn is at rest aftger a whirlwind  2 days 

Dirk, er I mean Dave, thanks for the great pics.  Looks like a real nice workshop but where's the mirrored disco ball?  I'm not seeing it hanging anywhere.    Boogie Nights!.......

Mike
Presently - 1980 KZ1000B4 LTD w/mild ported head, Megacycle cams, 1015cc Wiseco, Falicon Supercrank, R&D undercut trans
In a former life - KZ-based dragbike - CrMo car tire chassis, 1395cc, Hahn Racecraft turbo system, VP C16, Orient Express 3-spd auto, 7.80's @ 165-170.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, Wookie58

2022 Michigan KZ Rider get together. Like last year , but better !!!! 07 Aug 2022 17:46 #871856

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
Great idea for next "bench and wrench" session.  We may not have had a "boogie nights" Dirk Digler limited edition disco ball hanging from ceiling but we had this old gas tank rigged to a deer processing "hanger" dangling from a chain hoist! 
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD