Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LTD vs Spectre 05 May 2021 08:40 #848034

• MacMcMacmac
  • MacMcMacmac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Good day folks. Given equal condition, is there any compelling reason to choose one of these 1100s over the other? I am assuming there are no great technical differences between the models that would favour either machine.  There is one of each currently available near me and I have been hankering for a classic kiter bike for awhile now. I am somewhat Spectre biased.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LTD vs Spectre 06 May 2021 05:43 #848076

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 595
If it were us, we'd choose the Spectre.  Mostly because of the shaft & slightly more forward-leaning seating position offered by the flatter bars compared to LTD buckhorns.

Our Ridin' tends toward higher mileage touring these days.  100 ~ 150 miles one way for lunch, 800 miles round-trip to a weekend event plus Ridin' while there type of stuff.  Rain is a fact of Ridin' life and, a few hundred miles of wet Ridin' is hard on chains.

OP & slmjim aren't too far apart in age.  slmjim's had two lower spine surgeries over the last 30 yrs.  The sit up & beg seasting position of cruiser-type bars enforces a slouched riding position that results in far too much weight on the lower back, especially if no windshield is present.  For slmjim, some forward lean, some weight on the wrists is far more comfortable, whether a windshield is present or not.

We're not familiar enough re: the finer technicalities of Spectres to offer a meaningful opinion vs the LTD.

We've been lusting after a touring-dress Spectre for a while...

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

Cross posted from OP's intro.
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

LTD vs Spectre 06 May 2021 06:32 #848079

• ghostdive
  • User
  • Thank you received: 118
The difference isn't much, beyond the shaft vs. chain drive. If you ride in the rain like myself, I'd suggest the Spectre, since no worries about the chain. If you'd rather be able to adjust gearing, the LTD. Changing handlebars is only about an hour job with a couple holes to drill.

The LTD may be more valuable in time, if that's something that you care about, there's a little less love for shaft drive KZs overall. I like mine. 
1982 KZ750 Spectre - 6 speed swap, BS34s, 18" rear wheel

2001 ZX-6R

LTD vs Spectre 06 May 2021 06:45 #848080

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
The Ltd could be an Ltd Shaft.

• Page: