Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist

More
08 Aug 2020 18:49 - 08 Aug 2020 18:55 #832454 by 650ed
Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist was created by 650ed
Hurry up and get in line before these Yammys are all sold out! Only $5,499 for this Yamaha bicycle with electric assist. :woohoo: Or of course one could save a few bucks and buy a 2020 Kawasaki 400 Ninja. Ed

www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/Attachmen...9af6-01461f5de5c6/en

www.kawasaki.com/Products/2020-Ninja-400...AIL-_-PRODUCTDETAILS

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Aug 2020 18:55 by 650ed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
09 Aug 2020 08:43 #832473 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
E Bikes are the latest rage , But my money would go to Detroit Bike Company.
900 Dollars Brand new E Sparrow Full Price on pre orders.
I hate to admit it but my current bike costs more than that
detroitbikes.com/collections/bikes

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• hardrockminer
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
09 Aug 2020 10:49 #832484 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
I've been looking at ebikes but haven't jumped into the market yet. I have a Kona mtn bike and a Scorpion trike for street use.

This bike looks interesting but the battery is a bit small at 500 watt hours. It's also 36 volt, which has been overtaken by 48 and 52 volt bike batteries, which provide more power storage.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

More
09 Aug 2020 12:08 #832490 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
Amazing the battery technology today. Too bad the rare earth components needed to build them have stakes claimed by the Chinese.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

More
09 Aug 2020 14:54 #832506 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
It's already happening around me. I see people commuting on these things all the time now. I don't know why the price of the Yamaha is so high, but it's about 5 times higher than it needs to be. A good one can easily be had for $1000. It's practically free transportation right now. It's a lawless entity. I'm sure it won't be for very long, but at the moment there is: No fuel tax. No state plate tax. No state title transfer tax. No state vehicle sales tax. No insurance requirement. No red-light camera tickets. No speeding camera tickets. No city-sticker tax. No county vehicle tax. Even the 5 times overpriced Yamaha will pay for itself in a matter of a few years.

When we were inundated with the stand-up rental scooters last year, I hated the idea of them. I came up with a bunch of reasons why they should be outlawed. Then I rode one and it was a blast! I'm fully on board with them now. I'm sure the fun won't last, though. There will be a legal crack down.

• Street Fighter LTD
More
09 Aug 2020 16:18 #832514 by Street Fighter LTD
Im not ready for a motor on my bicycle yet LOL
Time will come . I live a block from a trail that connects to the system that circles the whole state of Michigan ( Lakeland Trail )
My wife and I ride every chance we get to ward off evil spirits. Gotta stay active or death will come early
Here is my Specialized Roll Elite with accessories
All Black of course , Just like all my motorcycles
Dave

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike

More
10 Aug 2020 15:18 #832589 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
Yeah, I hear ya. My wife and I try to get on the bicycles as often as possible.

When I worked at a local bicycle shop 35 years ago, the bikes that required the least tweaking and felt like had best quality were the Specialized brand. Other brands required a lot of adjustment and disassembly/reassembly to make them work properly. The Specialized just worked right out of the box and had the fewest problems after sale.

More
10 Aug 2020 15:46 - 10 Aug 2020 15:49 #832595 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
Here’s my exercise. I have more money into it then if I bought a new one. Started as just rims and tires then tall goose neck and seat post to provide more “old man” kinda riding position. Than all new quick fire shifters with new front and rear derailleurs. Have to keep it now. I ride every day the weather permits.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Aug 2020 15:49 by Mikaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike

• Street Fighter LTD
More
10 Aug 2020 16:33 #832605 by Street Fighter LTD
NICE

• Street Fighter LTD
More
10 Aug 2020 16:36 #832607 by Street Fighter LTD

loudhvx wrote: Yeah, I hear ya. My wife and I try to get on the bicycles as often as possible.

When I worked at a local bicycle shop 35 years ago, the bikes that required the least tweaking and felt like had best quality were the Specialized brand. Other brands required a lot of adjustment and disassembly/reassembly to make them work properly. The Specialized just worked right out of the box and had the fewest problems after sale.

Glad some of us still ride as we did as kids
My Specialized has been pretty bulletproof.
If I went electric I might just add it to this bike

More
11 Aug 2020 04:28 - 11 Aug 2020 04:28 #832634 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
An electric bicycle would be neat & all, but I think it would make me lazy >> a guy would be tempted to motor around instead of pedaling & on long rides you'd be deprived of the difficult home stretch miles when you wimp out & use the electric wizzer.

I don't bicycle that much, but have been lately, about twice a week the last few months.
Here's a brochure of the Bridgestone MB-2 I ride.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2020 04:28 by martin_csr.

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
12 Aug 2020 17:35 #832741 by bluej58
Replied by bluej58 on topic Yamaha Bicycle w/Electric Assist
I'm ready for lazy, a electric bike that could get me to town and back ( about 20 miles ) and can be charged by the sun sounds like a good idea

78 KZ1000 A2A