Mechanic needed

More
30 Jul 2020 15:23 #831887 by Mitch`s KZ
Mechanic needed was created by Mitch`s KZ
undefined Hey there. So im very new to the whole working on your own kz. I am very lost when it comes to understanding possible issues that my bike might have. I am 59 years old and lost the desire to work on my own stuff a few years back. I dont have the health that I use to. Anyway im looking for a honest really good bike mechanic in the state of Maryland. close to Frederick/Hagerstown. I own A 1977 KZ 1000a. Thank You Mitch

Mitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2020 07:55 #831925 by krazee1
Replied by krazee1 on topic Mechanic needed
Mitch I wish we were closer together, I would love sharing what experience I have with the Z bikes with a young fella like yourself! Unfortunately we are pretty much half the country apart, hopefully there is someone closer to help you out.

Mike

Former M.E. at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing, Lincoln, NE
1966 W1 (the Z1 of 1966-50H.P. and 100mph!)
1974 Z1
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900B pile O parts
1980 KZ750E
1980 Honda XL250S (I know, wrong flavor!)

More
31 Jul 2020 14:03 #831962 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Mechanic needed
I don't know of anybody, but I sent you a PM.

More
01 Aug 2020 13:56 #832036 by Rick H.
Replied by Rick H. on topic Mechanic needed
Mitch: Can't help you out much on your question about a mechanic in your area, but I also have a '77 KZ-1000A1 that I worked on rather extensively. Perhaps if you need advise on your bike I or several others could help you out. There are many things you can do for yourself on these bikes, some of which may require special tools, but you would be surprised how easily you can work thru things with common hand tools. Give me a shout if you need help from afar. I will say this much, sometimes finding a good reliable mechanic to work on our bikes is not an easy task at all. After being taken to the cleaners a couple of times I tend to want to do things myself if at all possible because I know who to blame if something goes wrong!
Rick H.

Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1