Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First Real Project Bike 06 Jul 2020 16:49 #829972

• MajesticAsPug
  • MajesticAsPug's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
First of all, hello forum, this is my first post, hopefully of many! So I’ve had a few bikes over the years but recently I bought my first real “project bike” and I’m absolutely terrified and excited all at the same time. It’s a 1976 KZ750, and for the age it seems to be in fair price bough shape but definitely needs some love. The fella I bought it from had been converting it over the years into a cafe racer style and according to him it ran up until a few years ago when he lost the time to work on it anymore. His overall advice was the usual, battery was shot, carbs need gone through, brakes cleaned but other than that it shouldn’t need much to get it running again. Aside from the obvious bodywork that it needs, where should I begin just to assess what I’ve really got on my hands, and what it’s going to take to make it road worthy again? I went and bought a new battery today just to verify that it even turns on (it did) but the lights themselves seems somewhat more dim than they probably should be. I checked the push start and the engine turns. But beyond that I really haven’t a clue what I’ve gotten myself into. But I guess that’s what hey I bought an oldie to tinker with. Sorry for the long winded post, hopefully I picked the right category for it. And any and all advice from y’all would be so greatly appreciated!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Real Project Bike 07 Jul 2020 10:31 #830019

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 276
Welcome . Best advice I can give you for now is to get yourself a manual .There might be one on the site that you can download . Lots of help on here .

Enjoy the new toy
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: MajesticAsPug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: