My first bike, and bike revival.

• Jpallison1722
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 May 2020 04:39 #825898 by Jpallison1722
My first bike, and bike revival. was created by Jpallison1722
Hey guys! I've been posting a lot of questions, looking for advice from you and never really introduced myself. I'm a new rider, about a month ago I decided to buy a 1983 kz650 csr from someone on Facebook. Sat for 6 years in garage, just needs fresh gas and a battery. I've been wrenching on cars since I was able to hold one so I knew that was bs, but I wanted a project so I bought it. I wouldn't say I restored it. Not yet at least. But I definitely revived it. Going to the shop tomorrow for some tires, carb sync, and a once over to ensure everything is in working order. The things I've done to it include the following.

Master cylinder, front brake line, caliper rebuild, brake pads, carb clean and rebuild, chains and sprockets, and rear brake replacement, oil change, air filter change.

I know it doesn't sound like a project, in fact it just sounds like regular maintenance, but this bike is my first bike and ultimately first project bike and I wanted to see what I could handle. I am posting this as a thank you to all of the forum member that have chimed in on my questions and gave me really solid answers. I have learned so much over this past month. There is really no before and after photos because the bike untimely looks the same from when I bought. Other than a few coats of wax. But I have a few photos. One is next to my buddies kz305. He also was a huge help. Thanks again everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZJOE900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.