Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1981 KZ650H1 CSR fork tube (inner) bushings 24 Jun 2019 10:09 #806347

• KZFreak
  • KZFreak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been searching for weeks but cannot find a part number for the fork bushings which go onto the end of the fork tube itself on my 1981 KZ650H1. The part is not listed as a part number or individual item on any schematic or parts diagram I’ve found, and I can’t find it available by dimension anywhere. I cannot find technical data, nomenclature, anything. Supposedly Pyramid Parts out of the UK are having a batch made and they will be available in another week, but I’m not “putting all my eggs in one basket”, as the saying goes, and I would like options, or at least find the specifics of the material in question so I can find a work-around if need be. I’m at the end of an almost full restoration on my bike, which I’m the second owner of, and after buying NOS fork legs and the necessary parts to rebuild them, along with a new brake rotor, bearings, and after spending almost 40 hours reconditioning the front wheel, I’d hate to think I have to abandon hope and swap forks because of the rarity of my bike and limited number of them while it was produced. There has to be some company, somewhere, that makes the bushings. Dimensions are: 35.7mm o.d. X 33.7mm i.d. X 20mm. The closest part number I’ve found is 44065-1060, which is exactly half as wide at 10mm. Is it possible to use two of these next to each other in place of one? Please help! I’m itching to ride it after it’s sat for years.
Shiny Side Up!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1981 KZ650H1 CSR fork tube (inner) bushings 24 Jun 2019 13:37 #806352

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
Two of the 10mm bushings together seems like a workable solution to me, otherwise, Pyramid may be your only basket. Likely not a cheap one.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

1981 KZ650H1 CSR fork tube (inner) bushings 24 Jun 2019 15:23 #806354

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1441
Two bushes will work fine.
Years ago I needed new upper bushes for my Z1R which also were not available separately and eventually had to source some good second hand bottoms.
I did track down the bush manufacturer in Japan ( pre internet days by phone ) but they would only do a minimum order of 50 thousand so that idea went out the window.
Much later i discovered that the same bushes were used in all the Z650's but were only available seperately for one particular model for some strange reason even though they were the same in all the 650's, 900's and 1000's.
The 650 legs are the same dia etc as the 900 and early 1000's but around an inch shorter so maybe you can find the same part seperately by searching the parts lists for those models.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

• Page: