Thank you all for the awesome help

More
14 Mar 2018 20:08 #780276 by Shdwdrgn
Thank you all for the awesome help was created by Shdwdrgn
Four and a half years ago I started in on a big project -- a 1981 KZ1000. Not only had I never seen one completely assembled, but I started with parts from both a J and K model and set out to upgrade what I had to the best that I could. Today marked a huge day for me. After the success last weekend (getting her running with newly-rebuilt carbs) I took today off work to get license plates, then started making runs around town. By my last trip this afternoon I had somewhat resolved the bad misfiring on one cylinder to where it was idling solidly at every stop light, ran through all the gears and brought it up to 6000rpm, and generally started settling into the feel of a bike that I've never ridden. Despite there still being a chill in the air it was one of the best rides I've ever taken.

I couldn't have gotten here without all of you folks standing by for support. I started this project by literally welding two frames together to have a completely intact starting point, and I continued to find more problems along the way. You have provided me with suggestions, pictures, and encouragement along the way. This was the first motorcycle I've ever tackled and I took it down to the very last nut and bolt. It's not perfect, and it's by no mean completed (still a lot of tuning to go!) but today marks an important step to me and I'm just incredibly excited. So once again, thank you all for being there!

1981 KZ1000-JK1
She's a beautiful mess, and I've made her all mine
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, Scirocco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
More
15 Mar 2018 10:12 #780308 by Rainman
Replied by Rainman on topic Thank you all for the awesome help
Congrats. A big accomplishment for sure.

80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.