Looking for info and value for modded 76 kz900

• Ridetilyoudie
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Jul 2017 15:29 #766950 by Ridetilyoudie
Looking for info and value for modded 76 kz900 was created by Ridetilyoudie
Hello, I recently bought a modded 76 kz 900 off a buddy and was trying to find out exactly what I came across. The title only says 76 kz 900 but the numbers on the bike start with Z1F. Any information or guess of a value for the bike would be appreciated! Thanks for your time!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
14 Jul 2017 16:31 #766954 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Looking for info and value for modded 76 kz900
Welcome to KZRider
Sad to say the market for a chopped Kaw is very , very small. No idea as to what you can sell that bike for..
Enjoy it and have fun.
We can help you here with advise maintaining the stock components
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoCam

More
14 Jul 2017 16:52 #766959 by GregZ
All 76 kz900's had a vin starting with Z1F and engines Z1E. It changed over in 77 to KZ or KZT I believe

As far as the value, no comment

More
14 Jul 2017 17:50 #766965 by 650ed
It looks like most of the value was chopped along with most of the original bike. You might find someone itching to own a chopped bike, but other than that anyone looking for a KZ900 will probably pass it up. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
15 Jul 2017 14:35 #767015 by zukdave
Only part that has value is the motor.

1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

More
16 Jul 2017 12:52 #767090 by TwoCam
THAT SCOOTER YOU BOUGHT IS PRETTY COOL! now it is not anything I would ever own/ride....but it's cool........... as for value........ problem is the chassis has been totally changed and not easily changed back..... choppers are cool but the value has totally gone down the tubes........ because of the modifications! if it was a CafeRacer it would be worth much more. don't get me wrong...for the right person it surely has some value.....it had value to you when you purchased it.... that said....value is in the eye of the beholder. my take on it is the "sportster" fuel tank is totally useless....1.5 gallons of fuel gets you NO WHERE. I would put a set of BIG TWIN split tanks/or a stock KX tank...better yet a Z1 tank....... on her so you get some miles out of her before having to refill. if you enjoy it ?...... just ride her and have fun. that's what it's all about!!!
keep the shiny side up and the wind in your face!!! happy motoring!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1