Thinking it may be time to sell my '77 1000LTD

More
14 Jun 2017 20:30 #764408 by 74ullc
I'm kinda feeling it's time to pass my bike on to the next caretaker. I've got my eye on a little Italian 2 seat Targa and could use the funds. Plus my wife won't come near the bike, but has expressed interest in a small car.

I haven't been paying much attention to prices for the last few years so I was hoping you guys could give me an idea of what I should ask. A quick look at recent sales on ebay seem to indicate $3,500 would be not out of the question.

It's a mostly original 1977 KZ1000LTD. Just hit 13K miles. It's a good honest get on it and go bike. Looks pretty darn good as well but it has some dents and scratches in the tank and body work here and there. I just left it as is because I'd rather have original with some damage than non-original. If I list it I'll take pics of everything.

I've replaced lots of parts with stuff from Z1E. I'll have to look at receipts to list everything. Carb holders and airbox to carb boots are new, new fuel T's between carbs and they are on stock jetting with stock exhaust. I've gone thru the electrics and have good voltage to the coils (originals) and bright headlight and blinkers. Still on points but new from Z1. I've never had any problems with them so never upgraded to electronic ignition. Voltage output is to specs and no problems with the battery dropping charge when sitting.

Tires are not bran new anymore (maybe 3K miles on them) but I don't really see any wear. They have lots of life left in them for sure.

Valves are in spec, carbs are synced, been running ethanol free for the last few years and it loves it. Bike has been kept covered in an AC garage since I've had it, about 5 yrs.

The bad stuff.....front brake master cylinder is not original, its from a later Kaw, it's identical to the one on my dads eliminator. Right side handlebar switchblock is that $40 replacement one from Z1E. Petcock is some cheep aftermarket replacement, but I've never had any problems with it so I just ran with it. Gas tank was lined by PO, I wish it wasn't but oh well.

Extras....I have a nice spiral bound reprint of the workshop manual (from New Zealand) and the factory style tool to change the valve shims. I have an extra airbox....a few other bits and pieces maybe, It's been awhile since I've gone thru my stuff.

This post has already gotten WAY too long....so here's a pic and I'll shut up now.

Gulf Coast, Texas
1977 KZ1000LTD
1984 VF700F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
15 Jun 2017 09:55 #764445 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Thinking it may be time to sell my '77 1000LTD
Sorry to hear you are going to part with your LTD
Nice looking bike. Im sure you wont have any problems selling it ..
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
16 Jun 2017 14:29 #764537 by 74ullc
What do you guys think would be a fair price to ask/expect to get?

I'd really rather not hassle with ebay and shipping and all that crap. I'd rather sell it to someone who can come see it in person. Maybe that's a mistake? I'm not looking to get rich or make a ton of money off it, but I would like as much as I can get to go towards a car I've got my eye on.

Gulf Coast, Texas
1977 KZ1000LTD
1984 VF700F

More
16 Jun 2017 15:22 - 16 Jun 2017 15:30 #764540 by 650ed
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationIf you do an eBay search using the search criteria of Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD and then click on "advanced" and then click on "Sold Listings" you will see how much they have been selling for. Unfortunately, I get an error message when I try to provide that link in this reply, but when I did that search it came up with 13 KZ1000 LTDs. The lowest prices were about $1,600, but most sold for $3,100 - $4,500. One sold for $6,875. Below is the link to that auction. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 16 Jun 2017 15:30 by 650ed.

More
16 Jun 2017 18:46 #764551 by peter1958
Attachments: