Road hazards

More
12 Aug 2016 13:35 #738417 by mark in Portugal
Replied by mark in Portugal on topic Road hazards
haha; I rode my KZ in India for 25 years; not in a feeble manner either, but properly.
You 'aint seen nothing!
I hit a cow.
a goat
a dog
a cat
a couple of chickens
a couple of pigs [those pigs are just.... well, pigs].
There were oil patches in the road, and black water buffallo sleeping in the middle in the night. sand, gravel, rocks...
No wood though, people would pick up wood.
Vehicles pass each other in blind curves, buses force you off the road.
I chased one down and through a rock through the rear window once; I still feel guilty about that, but I was pretty mad.
Vehicles at night with no lights, no signage at all, no markings on the road, even at speed bumps. They have a lot of speed bumps.
I was riding a borrowed Honda 750, and had a staid Englishman on the back, sat very straight and proper. I hit an unmarked speedbump and his knees came up to about the level of my ears.
I don't know what had been done to that Honda, it'd been tuned in Switzerland I believe. In any case, when the rear tyre [In India they use the English spelling] contacted the road again, the bike shot forward and those knees disappeared behind me somewhere.
So I clamped on the anchors and that English guy slammed into my back; then slid down onto the saddle again. Everything seemed to be in order, so I continued on my way.
After a few minutes, he asked me "Do you know what just 'appened?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Aug 2016 13:39 #738419 by SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.