wasn't someone looking for one of these

More
11 Dec 2015 11:46 #702729 by Rockranch
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Rockranch on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these
Back to the bread box air filters subject... I have seen stock airboxes completely modified to produce surprising positive results and the performance not being affected by crosswinds or even rain. Too bad I'm not much good at sketching or I would sketch a diagram of one. When I run into a spare stock airbox I will make one for a future pic to post..............Mike

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Dec 2015 11:51 #702730 by SWest
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by SWest on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these
I had to use a stock air box from a KZ 900 to use with my 33's. Silicon hose and larger openings. Works great.
Steve

Attachments:

More
11 Dec 2015 11:53 #702731 by Rockranch
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Rockranch on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these

swest wrote: Check the discussion boards. There are complaints and just as many to discount them.
Steve

By the hundreds. Any accounts that are deleted, they can be back with a different account in very little time. The cycle is endless for the persistent frauds.

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Dec 2015 11:58 #702732 by SWest
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by SWest on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these
Ebay protects the high volume sellers. I was selling on Ebay Auto and found out in no time where their loyalty lies.
Steve

More
11 Dec 2015 12:01 #702733 by Rockranch
Very similar to what I had in mind for my RS38's with my 1327 big block engine. That's why I changed my mind to modifying a stock air box when I get a spare.

swest wrote: I had to use a stock air box from a KZ 900 to use with my 33's. Silicon hose and larger openings. Works great.
Steve

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Dec 2015 13:10 #702736 by SWest
At the risk of hijacking this thread, did you have the crank welded? I understand they are a little weak.
Now back to regular programming. :lol:
Steve

More
11 Dec 2015 13:18 #702738 by Rockranch
Sending a PM regarding your question...

swest wrote: At the risk of hijacking this thread, did you have the crank welded? I understand they are a little weak.
Now back to regular programming. :lol:
Steve

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

More
11 Dec 2015 13:25 #702740 by redhawk4
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by redhawk4 on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these

swest wrote: Ebay protects the high volume sellers. I was selling on Ebay Auto and found out in no time where their loyalty lies.
Steve

Ebay is only interested in collecting their buyer/seller fees period. About 10 years ago I used to sell quite a few vehicles on eBay. I sold one to an attorney from New York who flew out to pick it up. He was delighted with the car I sold him, but told me about a case he'd worked on for someone who'd bought some classic car that was as" rotten as a pear" when it arrived rusted through just about everywhere that mattered, despite the sellers glowing description that it was in mint condition. He affirmed what I'd always suspected about eBay from my own dealings, they were no help at all, so he took the case to court and it didn't go at all well for the seller at all, due to his blatantly misleading description.

I used to get a lot of fraudulent contact every time I was on eBay, I don't know how people had the information to make these things up that came to my email, how do people have your personal email and your eBay username, I suspect someone working for eBay had to be involved or their whole system was hacked, but again I found when I contacted them they could care less.

1978 KZ1000A2 Wiseco 1075 kit
1977 KZ650B1
1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V
1968 BSA Victor Special 441
2015 Triumph Thunderbird LT
1980 Suzuki SP400

Old enough to know better, still too young to care
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rockranch

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Dec 2015 13:39 #702744 by z1kzonly
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by z1kzonly on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these
I LIKE THEM SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS?
JUST BID 7 TIMES. YES I HAVE 999 100% FEEDBACK.
I AM WAITING FOR THEIR FEEDBACK TO REACH !1000!
NOT MUCH? BUT A MILESTONE TO ME!

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Dec 2015 13:44 #702745 by z1kzonly
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by z1kzonly on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these
I did buy on of these in 1977. It was from a parts book - "Beck Arnley" I remember red & black were their colors.
I got one brand new for $17.99. Then I got my Kerker Header from Hebeler Kawasaki in Niagara county. It was a floor model for $149.99.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Dec 2015 14:06 #702751 by SWest
You're going to drive up the price then leave it on the table? Hope you don't get stuck with it. :silly:
Steve

• GregZ
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Dec 2015 15:47 #702766 by GregZ
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by GregZ on topic wasn't someone looking for one of these

swest wrote: You're going to drive up the price then leave it on the table? Hope you don't get stuck with it. :silly:
Steve

if your referring to my OP that was a joke.