Highest Road In The World

More
09 Dec 2015 18:10 #702589 by redhawk4
Replied by redhawk4 on topic Highest Road In The World

swest wrote: Ah to be young again. I wonder how many goats are lying at the bottom. :whistle:
Steve

It would give you something to do, counting them, while lying at the bottom waiting for the rescue that isn't coming :)

1978 KZ1000A2 Wiseco 1075 kit
1977 KZ650B1
1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V
1968 BSA Victor Special 441
2015 Triumph Thunderbird LT
1980 Suzuki SP400

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
09 Dec 2015 18:27 #702590 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Highest Road In The World
There was a guy that went over a cliff on his quad in my area. It was night and they looked for him until morning. Choppers and everything. I was going on patrol and told them I thought I knew where he was. I found him in a crag about 100 feet down. He kicked off the machine and clawed his way down. He had a broken leg. No way to get to him but the air. He was lucky. That area has claimed people as long as I can remember still they like to ride the rim. I never understood why.
Steve

More
09 Dec 2015 18:35 #702591 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Highest Road In The World
US 34. The road over Rocky Mtn Ntl Park, Trail Ridge Drive, used to be the highest continuous paved road in the USA. Regardless, the ride from Estes Park to Granby over Trail Ridge and on to Denver nothing short of breath taking and a fabulous day ride.
I'll meet anyone on any side of the full trip and give them the Cook's tour!!

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
10 Dec 2015 05:25 #702610 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Highest Road In The World
Sounds like fun Bruce.
The area I was talking about is a sink hole created by the San Andres fault.It runs all the way from Mexico to Washington state. The Little Chocolate Mountains separate Sky Valley and Indio Hills from the rest of the valley. That's the fault line. The sink hole is just off a canyon that leads through to the other side. The only way in there is by foot. Even a horse would have trouble making it through the narrow passages.

They call themselves the ridge riders. They'll ride the trail up the side and along the top and down the other side. Sometimes I'll see lights navigating that trail. I know I don't have much room to talk being I use to ride through Malibu Canyon at 120 and risk my life in the tight twisties racing against strangers for fun and no helmet but I think that's NUTS. That hole is loaded with cars and trucks, some from the 50's.
Steve
Attachments: