Bike cam

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
07 May 2016 18:36 #725128 by SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
08 May 2016 17:36 #725240 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Bike cam
Here's a clip of me on top of the mountain. Longer version to follow. In 10 a guy bought two 40 acre properties on top of the mountain above my house. He couldn't get permits for a road so he cut his own. BIG MISTAKE :woohoo:
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
08 May 2016 21:04 #725260 by SWest
Here's the longer version. A right of way was granted in 93 for the previous owner but impact statements and a lot of other steps had to be taken before a road could be cut. He did it anyway and sold the property to someone that didn't know better. I talked to the new owner, he told me he paid 100,000 for his 40 acres, he just wanted his money back. Another victim. :angry:
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
10 May 2016 15:37 #725591 by SWest
Here's a clip of the mountain from my house.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 May 2016 18:23 #726437 by SWest
I must be getting old. I misread the map I downloaded and printed. When I came up to HWY 111, that little voice said turn left but noooooo, I kept going. :angry: :angry: 103 miles instead of 78. :dry: Oh well, I wanted a ride and I got a long one. :blink:

I should have left much earlier. It was already hot by the time I got there. I'm preparing and uploading some clips of the trip. Speed traps and in one area it smelled like they were fertilizing the fields with SHT. :sick: I'll never go the long way again. :S Last time I went that way was when I went to TJ. Passed the check point going there. Once I found the place I started appreciating what little I have. Those people have next to nothing. :unsure: As I passed one trailer snuggled in the trees, a chick waved at me. I should have stopped. A little further the bike quit. Had power, lights but wouldn't fire. Checked the fuses, no shade to work on it, so I jiggled some wires. It started. :side: I needed to find a place to take a leak so I turned around but the chick was gone, I kept going and found a wash with small trees. The bike stalled as I was stopping. This happened 4 times. I got out of there and it didn't happen again. Took some more clips on the way home.
I think I'll go back again before it gets too hot. I'll start early and better prepared. I had water but next time I will have a tarp as well.
Who knows maybe she was the one "out there under the western sky." B)
Clips to follow.
Steve
Attachments:

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
15 May 2016 05:58 #726504 by SWest

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
15 May 2016 07:46 #726521 by SWest
More clips.

While filling up three bikies were glaring at me as I went in to pay and fill up the bike.
I wouldn't look good in spandex. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
15 May 2016 13:13 #726558 by SWest
The old man worked on this until he went into a home. It's made with old tree trunks, weeds and mud. It was cool inside but it doesn't look too stable.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
16 May 2016 15:59 #726846 by SWest
Another meth head house burns to the ground.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 May 2016 13:15 #727007 by SWest
Just started my patrol when I saw this guy pass by. He was all over the place. Like most meth heads, when they're high they can't stay still. He kept putting his head down and I thought he'd step off at any time. He was on a scooter. No units in the area so I had to let him go. :unsure:
They have been using scooter to deliver their product. The riders are expendable. :dry:
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
24 May 2016 16:17 #728317 by SWest
Got my beer for the week. There's a light they watch and try to catch red light runners. They have a cam watching real time and change the light. I always wanted to get on video.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
25 May 2016 15:16 #728520 by SWest
30 years ago I'd dance through turns like this. Best left to the young bucks now I guess. :whistle:
Steve