Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Close call 07 Oct 2015 10:56 #693668

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
Leaving my place, 7 miles away in front of the fire station a chick turned left in front of me. I flashed my lights at her but had no time for my duel horns. She stopped in my lane so I had to pass her on the right side of her car. A pick up was right behind her. I thought I had cleared her but clipped her side with my box guard. I ran out of pavement but by the time I hit the dirt shoulder I was at about 25 and stopped. All three of us stopped. She said I didn't see you. The pick up driver said I saw the whole thing, I saw you flash your lights, hit her and man, you kept it up. He gave me his card with his cell on the back. She was crying, I told her no one got hurt and if you have insurance, it will be OK. She has Geico too. . We exchanged information, she offered to help take my stuff home but I budgie it together and went on my way. I told her the boxes can be replaced and she said she would call me. A new Dodge caliber. I told her car got it worse than my bike. She has comprehensive.
I was picking up some chaps half way to my daughter's place I got one pair for $25 from a ad on CL. He offered me both for $40 but because of what just happened, I decided to spend the money of a fiberglass repair kit. I just checked my messages and Geico wants to settle the claim. We'll see how that goes. If it had to happen, this is the best way it could. :whistle:
Don't freeze, look for that hole shot. :woohoo:
Steve

Attachment 002.jpg not found

Attachment 003.jpg not found

Attachment 004.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Close call 07 Oct 2015 11:35 #693673

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
The chick is trying to say I had plenty of time to stop. :pinch: Geico is finding her at fault and she violated my right of way :angry: . A adjuster is coming to my home to appraise the damage. :dry:
And so it goes. :whistle:
Steve

Close call 07 Oct 2015 12:09 #693677

• 9er rider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
  • Thank you received: 87
I see you have a not for sale sign on your top box
76 kz 900 1075 76 kz 900 a4 78 kz 1000 ltd

Close call 07 Oct 2015 12:28 #693680

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
That stops the opening line, "you wanna sell it?" Since I did it, less flakes try to ask questions. They just glare at me. :lol:
Steve

Close call 07 Oct 2015 12:49 #693684

• 9er rider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
  • Thank you received: 87
I usually tell them "What do you still have that You've owned 39 years?"
76 kz 900 1075 76 kz 900 a4 78 kz 1000 ltd

Close call 07 Oct 2015 13:07 #693688

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
When I tell them I bought it new in 75, I get the fish eye. :lol: Very few people will keep anything for long. They just don't understand. Their loss. :whistle:
Steve

Close call 07 Oct 2015 13:23 #693690

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Good to see you are ok Steve - i know exactly what you mean - i keep my stuff for a very long time and look after it as best as i can. Bought it, next month, 21 years ago.Had the old bike before it for 11 years. I know every part on the bike - thats the way i like it ;)
Would rather have an Eagle try and take me off any day than a steel cage. :)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Last edit: by Zephyrrider.

Close call 07 Oct 2015 14:11 #693694

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I know what you mean. She had a unusual license. It starts with E and a very low number. Cal. is giving them to illegal aliens now. Whether I approve them being in my country or not, (I don't) making them legal to drive is CRAZY. :angry:
She was a nice girl, I could see she was frightened So I didn't go monkey on her. :lol: I'm sure it was her parents seeing it is a old bike and slough it off as if I was in the wrong. :pinch: They come from a country where the peasants have no rights. :sick: If you have money you can get away with anything including murder. :evil:
I should have shown her my Sheriff ID though. I just gave her my insurance card. I think if I had, Momma and Papa might not have tried to turn it around on me. If I had gone down, all that would have come to light. :whistle:
I'm happy it turned out like it did. I'm now in the market for some vintage hard bags. :whistle:
Steve

Close call 07 Oct 2015 14:21 #693696

• floivanus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 116
I'm not sure if fiberglass kit would fix your issue, many of the old bags were poly or some other crap that isn't easily mendable (i know vetter bags are)

Vetter bags should be readily available (even I have a set or two, but shipping would probably suck on them) nicely done on not getting hurt
my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew

Close call 07 Oct 2015 16:09 #693705

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
These are Amco hard bags 1975. They are made out of ABS. I saw a pair but they wanted more than I could afford plus they looked like SHT. I can't even find Vetter bags on eBay. I have a Vetter top box waiting for me at home. Just delivered. If you'd care to part with a pair, maybe we can talk turkey. I don't want any cheap CHINESE crap on my bike. I'd rather stay period or fix the ones I have.
Thanks, just a few seconds to decide which way to go. She stopped in my lane but I now think she was backing up. I thought I'd cleared her, then bang. Left a nice gouge in the side of her car. :whistle: At least this time I had somewhere to go. :dry:

Close call 07 Oct 2015 18:05 #693721

• punisher11b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Man that sucks. Lucky it wasn't worse :ohmy: had a old lady pull out in front of me and it was over. 5 years later I'm still fixing that poor bike.

Attachment not found

And that's after extensive repair :blush:
- good luck

Last edit: by punisher11b.

Close call 07 Oct 2015 18:27 #693722

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 236
Glad you're OK, and only cosmetics damage to the bike. Don't take this wrong, but in my opinion, flashing lights, sounding the horn ect is wasted energy that could be used in better ways, like avoiding a collision. Maybe she's right and you could have avoided if not for flashing lights ect. Like I say, not looking to troll here, and you're a good guy here, but something to think about.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.