I am asking too much $$

More
22 Aug 2015 05:02 #686700 by SmokyOwl
Replied by SmokyOwl on topic I am asking too much $$
I agree flo, I think it's now best to try again in the spring at this point.

You may want to try the newspaper as well, as some people prefer not to do deals on craigslist due to trust issues (like the newspaper is any different). I don't think you're selling technique has any flaws in it, you're just not finding the right buyer.

When I was looking for a bike 4 months ago on craigslist I was looking for a solid running bike for $1,000 or less. I ended up staring at craigslist for two months with no luck whatsoever. Every solid-runner was 1,200 to 1,500, and everything in my price point was a scooter, dirt bike, parts bike, or had carburetor/engine issues. It was incredibly frustrating. Had I seen your ad I probably would've asked if you'd be open to only selling the running bike, and probably offer $700, as I would not have had room for the parts bike.

My point is I think the second parts bike is hindering your sale. If you can this winter see if you can get it in solid running condition, and sell the bikes separately.

1982 Kawasaki KZ1100 A2, Shaft

Never trade the thrill of living for the safety of existance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2015 06:23 #686703 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic Re:I am asking too much $$
You guys are making sense. The right buyer is a person who knows how to wrench a little - it's 33 years old, things break lol. Yeah getting the parts one into decent runner won't be hard at all.

More
01 Oct 2015 14:22 - 01 Oct 2015 14:23 #692868 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic I am asking too much $$
So, I tried to unload my 550s today to my buddy lol. He's doing a 3 yr stint in Brazil for work. He's got a victory something or another and a 79 kz1000st, both sitting in Omaha, NE. The ST is is great shape, but the paint shows its age. Carbs could use a rebuild. We got it going about 5 years ago. With the pods and the 4-1 kerker she was ballsy, even with the faring and bags. Since then it's been parked. I offered him both 550s straight up, I'd deliver from WI and a night on the town on my dime- he didn't take it :)

In all seriousness though, I think I'll have a hard time selling these bikes, even though the parts one is a good Saturday afternoon away from running...seems like every time I tell someone it's cold blooded and you got to fiddle with the choke I lose their interest.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2015 14:23 by apbling.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Oct 2015 14:53 #692878 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic I am asking too much $$
Get some jet drills and open the pilots a touch.
Steve

More
01 Oct 2015 15:07 #692882 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic Re:I am asking too much $$
Did that to my parts carbs I'm trying to get lined out. The bit I used would put the pilot at like a 33 or 34 from a 32. Didn't notice a difference until I put my bone stock carbs back on and noticed some popping on deaccel