helmets

More
16 Jun 2015 07:13 #676795 by Grnole
Replied by Grnole on topic helmets

jlat wrote: hello people; I am looking at the Bell Bullet thanks for the input. I liked it for the large opening. Gnole what shield are you using? I wonder if the bubble shield would work better at hi way speeds?
IBBY

Ibby sorry for the late response.

I have the one that comes with it, and the polarized bubble. Wind noise is no different between them. I find the benefit of changing them out has been great for sunlight. The wind noise has to do a lot with the air vents on the top, and the inability to close them. For Airflow... they are great. Now--- let me be clear, I use a SENA SMH10r on this helmet, and am able to take phone calls at 50+ mph... have even held a conversation at 70+ with little issue.

I love the helmet, I think it is a little overpriced... but I am happy with it. If you are looking for complete quiet - go with a Shoei.

If you want the look of retro yet still DOT... Bullit is where to be... and the Biltwell Gringo - could save you a few bucks, but i do not have one to comment on it.

1980 KZ1000 LTD -B4
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
1972 Honda CL350 (sold)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2015 11:31 #676969 by DSummerlin
Replied by DSummerlin on topic helmets
My Shoei rf-1200 is nice and quiet. A little flimsy in some of the vent mechanisms, but I feel good in it.

78 KZ650
82 KZ1000 LTD
99 ZRX 1100

More
17 Jun 2015 20:54 #677067 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic helmets
I like Arai helmets. Yes they are expensive compared to others, but the way they are built just appeals to me. Like the screens, they don't scratch unless you do some real work to do it, the ratchet mechanism actually works and lasts the life of the helmet. As to being quiet, quiet means no air. I had a Shoei, my last one, and it was quiet, but ungodly hot because no air flow. I've had low cost helmets, and higher cost and found Arai works for me.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.