KipKAWA

More
07 Jul 2014 10:42 #639127 by Jo Show
KipKAWA was created by Jo Show
Hi all, I'm a new member to KZR, but have been reading the forum for several years. I have a 82 1000J that I actually bought new back in 82. It was my daily rider up until about 10 years a go. I've ridden this bike to from Chicago to Florida twice and it's probably made more than 200 drag strip passes until it one day dropped a valve 10 years a go. I am now in the process of putting it back together. I am going for the ELR look and want to lean more towards the look of the actual Lawson race bike.
My question is...... Has anyone here in the States ever had any dealings with Kip Kawa over in England? Looking at their web site they have a lot of the pieces I really desire. ....or if anyone has any lines on where I could have things fabricated here in the Chicago area?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2014 10:57 #639129 by peter1958
Replied by peter1958 on topic KipKAWA
I have asked them for some prices on a few things and you need lots of money to build a copy of an s1

More
07 Jul 2014 11:11 #639131 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic KipKAWA
Although I personally have not purchased anything from KipKAWA, I do know a number of people that have purchased items. Despite that he is expensive (as mentioned by Peter) he does deliver what he advertizes...and the items he makes are quality.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
07 Jul 2014 16:37 #639189 by Jo Show
Replied by Jo Show on topic KipKAWA
Thank you. I appreciate the input. Somethings can be worth paying for, but was curious about the shipping charges, etc.
I would like to think I could get things like the Earl's oil cooler here in the States. The closest I can come to the Morris wheels are Marvics at about $1200 each!!!

More
08 Jul 2014 02:10 #639228 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic KipKAWA

Jo Show wrote: Thank you. I appreciate the input. Somethings can be worth paying for, but was curious about the shipping charges, etc.
I would like to think I could get things like the Earl's oil cooler here in the States. The closest I can come to the Morris wheels are Marvics at about $1200 each!!!

Shipping charges from the UK can be fearsome...not much we can do about that...additionally, if you are time-constrained in your build...it can take up to a month for material to make it here from the UK...customs issues.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
08 Jul 2014 07:51 #639256 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic KipKAWA

Mcdroid wrote:

Jo Show wrote: Thank you. I appreciate the input. Somethings can be worth paying for, but was curious about the shipping charges, etc.

Shipping charges from the UK can be fearsome...not much we can do about that...additionally, if you are time-constrained in your build...it can take up to a month for material to make it here from the UK...customs issues.

It has been my experience that this may not necessarily be true...
I ordered a Kerker exhaust from Dennis Kirk on line and a Metmachex swingarm direct from the manufacturer some years ago. The swingarm was on my porch in less than a week :ohmy: and the pipe came in later, after 10 days or so? :dry:

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jo Show