Books on the Kz1000's?

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
More
12 May 2014 21:52 #632233 by DOHC
Replied by DOHC on topic Books on the Kz1000's?

Mcdroid wrote: ... getting the correct genuine Kawasaki shop manual and parts diagrams will go a long way in getting you much of the information you want.

That's a very good point. The genuine Kawasaki manuals are the best and most comprehensive vehicle manuals I've ever seen. These manuals give very detailed specs for all variants and have a lot of photos showing fine details.

There are two different primary manuals for the KZ1000. One for '77 to '78 which covers the base "A" model and Z1-R. and a second that covers '79 to '80. Then there are supplements for the "B" LTD models, the "C" police models, and the '80 "G" Classic.

In addition to the service manuals, there are "assembly and prep" manuals for each model that were provided to dealers to show how to remove the bike from the factory shipping crate and do the final assembly. These manuals have detailed photos and diagrams for cable routing and similar details.

'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
13 May 2014 09:36 #632256 by TomW
Replied by TomW on topic Books on the Kz1000's?

martin_csr wrote: I don't know about the KZ1000, but Original Kawasaki by Dave Marsden covers the Z1/KZ900. The book is purported to be the definitive guide to those models, and a typical listed price can be over $200+.

Amazon.com - Original Kawasaki

I've got that book. It's an excellent reference for the Z1 restorer. I never would have thought it would command a price over $125 dollars. :woohoo: I have treasure!!

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.