What to cover in YouTube channel?

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
06 Feb 2014 20:49 #621398 by peavylotus
What to cover in YouTube channel? was created by peavylotus
So I have had the want to start a youtube channel giving instructional videos for quite a while now. Though never starting one because I didn't have the space to put quality content up (I don't want to hold a camera and talk). Anywho I just moved out of the downtown apartment and parking garage workspace into a place with an attached garage. In turn, I want to launch my channel from an idea to the internet by finishing my bike on film.

Being where I am at the bike build with the cylinders and head all back together I am to finish up the bike fairly quick and want to have webisodes of the rest of the process.

So the reason for this thread is to get ideas on what to go over in some videos to get me started in a direction. I want the videos to be pretty specific down to the specific torques, voltages, etc. and even go into how the components work with eachother. Also I'd like to cover how changing the characteristics of one component (i.E. Air filter to pods) changes the relationship of the affected.

Anyone have ideas?

1980 KZ 1045 LTD Currently Workin' It Out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2014 03:16 #621406 by floivanus
Replied by floivanus on topic What to cover in YouTube channel?
There is a youtube channel that has something like 20 videos on a couple guys building a hardtail harley project that if you have the time I would check outto get an idea of a type of format to do

Cant remember the video or channel names though, but I gotta say I watched every video they did mostly cuz I was bored and I wanted to see what they did

my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew

More
07 Feb 2014 11:11 - 07 Feb 2014 11:14 #621449 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic What to cover in YouTube channel?
I have a channel that I put up a combination of repair and ride clips. I put the repair videos up when I couldn't find anything specific to the KZ and wanted to give back to people as a form of gratitude to all the videos on YouTube that have helped me. So, I had plans on working on the bike , if a video is already out there (even for a different make or model) which more than satisfies the topic. I don't bother creating one. If on the other had , I was not able to find a good video, or feel it is helpful to have one for my make and model, Then I try to create one. I suggest editing it heavily to make each segment as short as possible. Use text bubbles in the video to explain things you my had meant to include in the narrative. Include a disclaimer at the beginning of each video. If its something that is going to take a long time (i.e., more than 5 min), split it up in multiple parts of 5 minutes or less. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing some of your productions.

Joe

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
Last edit: 07 Feb 2014 11:14 by KZJOE900.

More
07 Feb 2014 14:12 #621468 by Harvey1327
Replied by Harvey1327 on topic What to cover in YouTube channel?
Hey Joe, you got a link to your youtube channel?
cheers

1 x 77 Z1000
1080,cams,ported
29 smoothbores,
Akron rims,Martin Swingarm
1 x 77 Z1000
1327 Wiseco,cams
ported,34.5 S/bores
GSXR swingarm
RF900 frontend.
1 x 2008 Nightrain
shotgun shock,corbin
seat,fat bars,some bling.
www.kzrider.com/media/kunena/attachments/8119/IMG_0461.JPG

More
07 Feb 2014 16:30 #621485 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic What to cover in YouTube channel?

Harvey1327 wrote: Hey Joe, you got a link to your youtube channel?
cheers

Here is the link Harvey: www.youtube.com/user/tsctube/videos

Some more helpful than others. I did the head disassembly one before someone posted the Kawasaki dealership videos that were shot in the 70's. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered with making that one. But at least mine has the common issues you run into like cooked on parts that need to be wacked on, LOL. The ride videos suck, since I took them with a cheap $10 Hong Kong camera. Once I get a go pro, I'm going to go nuts with it.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

More
07 Feb 2014 20:55 #621505 by Harvey1327
Replied by Harvey1327 on topic What to cover in YouTube channel?

KZJOE900 wrote:

Harvey1327 wrote: Hey Joe, you got a link to your youtube channel?
cheers

Here is the link Harvey: www.youtube.com/user/tsctube/videos

Some more helpful than others. I did the head disassembly one before someone posted the Kawasaki dealership videos that were shot in the 70's. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered with making that one. But at least mine has the common issues you run into like cooked on parts that need to be wacked on, LOL. The ride videos suck, since I took them with a cheap $10 Hong Kong camera. Once I get a go pro, I'm going to go nuts with it.

Thanks Joe,
Have a look at the Contour camera. I have a mount on the side of 2 of my helmets (dirt and road) and a mount on a headlight ear on my thou and one under my headlight on my 1327.

I wanted a bullet type camera rather than a point and shoot stand out like dogs balls camera.

1 x 77 Z1000
1080,cams,ported
29 smoothbores,
Akron rims,Martin Swingarm
1 x 77 Z1000
1327 Wiseco,cams
ported,34.5 S/bores
GSXR swingarm
RF900 frontend.
1 x 2008 Nightrain
shotgun shock,corbin
seat,fat bars,some bling.
www.kzrider.com/media/kunena/attachments/8119/IMG_0461.JPG

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
07 Feb 2014 23:37 #621508 by peavylotus
Replied by peavylotus on topic What to cover in YouTube channel?
I think I know what guys you are talking about with the Harley build and if they are who I remember I watched a video of theirs on wiring. That is the style I want, as if its a presentation. Much easier said than done but my goal is to make something well thought out and made as a presentation and going as deep as I can into the why's and wherefors' going in what I am doing. Cause doing that will help me learn the deep dark intricacies as well.

I checked out some of your videos joe and I like them and am now a subscriber. Here I am going on about delving into the knowledgeable deapths of mechanics, and on part three of your float bowl adjustment video you talk about your float tab feeler gauge trick. Made me kick myself in the ass. I was adjusting by eye, using memory as my feeler gauge haha as you can tell I still have a lot to learn. Which is, again, why the videos interest me.

My materials are a gopro hero 3 and a basic of all basic HD (barely) video camera. For sound I have protools and a perception 110 condenser mic with a M-Box digital interface for recording sound with protools. Also, I write songs on the old guitar so I won't have to worry about music which is nice.

The hardest part is organizing all this around an idea and create good content around it. I shot kind of a pilot, with no sound, the night I posted this so I will upload it and see what you guys think.

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
08 Feb 2014 00:13 - 08 Feb 2014 00:18 #621509 by peavylotus
Here is for you to judge. I'm trying simple editing, finding focal points and scene flow.

if the video doesnt show than go here

Last edit: 08 Feb 2014 00:18 by peavylotus. Reason: video not showing

More
08 Feb 2014 06:40 #621518 by Topper
Replied by Topper on topic What to cover in YouTube channel?
Joe, that YouTube channel is great! Could have used the fork disassembly videos last year.

Thank you and Peavy for posting your vids. It'll really help the community.

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
08 Feb 2014 11:56 #621547 by peavylotus
Yeah thank you. I am hoping to put something together worth watching soon. I sheared a bolt on the sprocket cover and stripped the threads of a cam-cap so maybe that will be video number one haha.