A dilemma

More
04 Feb 2014 07:26 #621069 by StormRaider
A dilemma was created by StormRaider
Hi, all

I'm not sure if I mentioned in my intro post that I'm a bit of a novice with motorbikes. I bought mine a few months ago, and it seems I didn't think things through. My poor machine is currently stationed in my back yard with no roof over its head :( Now, that got me thinking (finally) about what can I do to spare it from all these weather changes and conditions.
I have nice conditions for both of my options, but I would appreciate some advice regarding this dilemma of mine - should I BUILD a shed or should I just BUY my shed here ?
WHat do you suggest?

Thank you for your advice :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2014 07:36 #621073 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic A dilemma
Your introduction post stated:

"I'm StormRider, otherwise known as Zack. My machine is Honda GL 1500, I hope I'll post a few pics soon. I have a few specific questions, and that's how I came across this forum, which looks very interesting and inspiring. I hope to join some lively debates here."

That being the case, I wouldn't worry much about covering it up from the weather - it's not a KZ. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
04 Feb 2014 07:46 - 04 Feb 2014 07:47 #621074 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic A dilemma

StormRaider wrote: I would appreciate some advice regarding this dilemma of mine - should I BUILD a shed or should I just BUY my shed? What do you suggest?

Neither. I would look in your local classified ads or on Craig's List for a used shed. It may save you money even with moving it.

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax
Last edit: 04 Feb 2014 07:47 by StreetfighterKz.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Feb 2014 08:08 #621076 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic A dilemma

StormRaider wrote: Hi, all

I'm not sure if I mentioned in my intro post that I'm a bit of a novice with motorbikes. I bought mine a few months ago, and it seems I didn't think things through. My poor machine is currently stationed in my back yard with no roof over its head :( Now, that got me thinking (finally) about what can I do to spare it from all these weather changes and conditions.
I have nice conditions for both of my options, but I would appreciate some advice regarding this dilemma of mine - should I BUILD a shed or should I just BUY my shed here ?
WHat do you suggest?

Thank you for your advice :)

We can help the meek and timid honda owners too! :ohmy:
Here is what you can do! Thats if it is stored, just sitting?
Or do you drive it regular?
Go get 1 of the $1.99 , 8'x10' blue plastic tarps from the chinese tool store they call from the harbor freight.
Then get 2 cans of WD 40 (it is water based) then just literatelly empty both cans on everything (except the seat) up down side to side, controls, all electrics, wheels, engine. That's if is sitting.
Then just wash it off in nice weather.
You can do that for the cost of less than a 12 pack of name brand beer.
Is that your $120,000 69 sandcast demo bike on ebay :ohmy:

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!