If you were going on a long ride

More
30 Jan 2014 06:52 #620592 by JR
Replied by JR on topic If you were going on a long ride
Stupid, reckless. Bikers and driver. To many as holes want to road race and often end up killing innocent bystanders

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2014 07:19 - 30 Jan 2014 07:19 #620593 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic If you were going on a long ride

Powerstroke_fan wrote: How you guys haul all this stuff around??? i made a little tray for under my seat but other than that i dont have any way to store anything else... The most i can fit in mine is a few tools. and extra piece of wire. fuses, zip ties and thats about it.

A good sized tail bag can carry quite a bit of stuff, including a couple of locks to deter the honest thieves. I do 1 or 2 rides each month of 125 to 250 miles and carry tools n such in a med tail bag & have a luggage rack w large trunk. The tail bag is packed full of stuff, but the trunk just has few things including a backpack... in case I need storage space for something when out & about.

Some of the tools... additionally, I keep a crescent wrench, ratchet wrench, & etc in the tail bag.

I have a pigtail coming off the battery for quick connecting a battery charger or the 12V socket.
If I get a nail or something, I'm hoping that I'll be able to plug it, air up the tire, then limp home.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2014 07:19 by martin_csr.

More
30 Jan 2014 08:11 #620597 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic If you were going on a long ride
a spare key zip-tied to the frame and out of sight.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
30 Jan 2014 09:27 #620606 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic If you were going on a long ride
Long rides are great, But nothing beats having a brother who loves you enough to drop everything to come to your rescue.
Me , I travel with a cellphone, credit card, and a pack of smokes for while I wait for my brother Mike
Thanks Bro

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2014 15:36 - 01 Feb 2014 15:38 #620828 by wakeboardr42393
Replied by wakeboardr42393 on topic If you were going on a long ride
I went on a 10k ride last year and I strapped a small tool bag with a good set of tools onto the back of the seat, behind the seat. this ride was on a yamaha maxim. I just used cord (like a clothes line type cord) to tie it to the bike. tight. wrapped around the bag a lot. lol.

i put the tools first into a 2 gallon plastic zipper bag. and then inside another 2 gallon zipper bag (to keep the tools dry). then into my small tool bag, then rolled it and tied it up to be as compact as possible.

I took basically every tool i could use for simple repairs, every size wrench and socket that I could find a hex head for on the bike. screwdrivers, multi meter, allen sockets, torx sockets. zip ties, tape, etc. I tool only the hand tool sizes that I knew were on the bike though.

1981 Kawasaki KZ 550 LTD :)
1987 BMW 325is
Last edit: 01 Feb 2014 15:38 by wakeboardr42393.