quick brake question

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 Apr 2013 21:29 #583176 by donthaveakawman
quick brake question was created by donthaveakawman
I put grease under the rubber stops on the brake calipers and it is pretty tight so the back brake has me worried.
my simple non mathematical mind is wondering if the back brake is sticking will the chain pull me into a wheelie via frame torque?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2013 23:12 #583202 by jonarmstrong
Replied by jonarmstrong on topic quick brake question
Um... No! Ur caliper bracket has a brace to the frame,right? N ur rotor turns the same as ur sprocket,right? Try holding ur back brake & dumping the clutch!!

82 Kz1000 gpz1100 cams dyna ignition kerker k&n

More
19 Apr 2013 23:17 #583205 by Haybus
Replied by Haybus on topic quick brake question
Try this:

Push your bike out on a grassy lawn. Grab a bunch of pillows off your bed and line them up on either side of your bike. Set up a video recorder, preferably HD. Fire up your bike and let it warm up. Start recording video. Don your helmet. Mount the bike. Grab some clutch and shift her into 1st. Stand on the rear brake pedal, and I mean stand on it. Give her some gas and dump the clutch. If she pops a wheelie, post the video on YouTube and wait for the Google checks to start rolling in. You will soon be an internet star (beyond your KZr infamy). Go back and pick up the bike, take her into the garage and remove the rear brake system as they are generally unnecessary in most street riding conditions.

1976 KZ900 LTD (sort of)
2005 FJR
2009 Hayabusa
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/557845...-streetfighter-build
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonarmstrong

More
19 Apr 2013 23:20 #583208 by jonarmstrong
Replied by jonarmstrong on topic quick brake question
That's hilarious. Laughed out loud!!

82 Kz1000 gpz1100 cams dyna ignition kerker k&n