Spending time on the mustang forum...

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
13 Dec 2012 01:33 #562746 by peavylotus
Spending time on the mustang forum... was created by peavylotus
I spent a few days on the mustang forum and found three things. There are more questions than answers, more failures than lessons, and there is a huge amount of condescension towards the different model owners of Mustang.

Almost every thread is a question, it's not a bad thing, but when you look into the thread there are no answers, 140 views and no reply. I asked a question myself giving all the proper information and parameters within the subject within the topic of ECU's. Explaining the knowledge needed and even my desired outcome. So to give a solid thought process to the reader to tell me 'yes' or 'no'. It seems to be more a directionless forum in the name of Ford. Maybe the picture shows that mustang owners are evolving from 'the average joe who works on his car on the weekend' to 'the guy who bought a mustang and wants to work on the car.' The response I see most often is 'Take it to the shop'. I guess I expected more of a movement on a forum of a classic muscle car. Especially thought more knowledge be thrown around at a given time.

More failures than lessons. The mechanical failure threads are never followed up by the post creator. They come in with a question, get a half baked answer and don't post how or if they resolved it. The use of a follow up, of coarse, is to possibly help someone in the future who has the same problem. I believe if you share everything you find or fix on a machine that you have linked to a forum, definitely should be posted. It increases the intelligence of all the followers using the same machine. This is what forums are. To express every aspect of use on a shared machine, idea or hobby. Maybe the forum is a hot spot for young people who are trying to learn or the people that know the answer don't like answering the questions. Whatever it is, It has room to improve. Coming from a guy who rebuilt, ported and polished the top end a Mustang engine in my parking garage. Done only out of love for my car and machines.

The condescending attitudes are another thing... The people who own new mustangs almost have this attitude towards people who don't math their cars prestige. There is a forum started by a V8 owner who starts a thread on the V6 thread named 'Why do you have a V6?' The contents of the thread are not as bashing as I though but you could tell the V8 repliers from the V6 repliers. There was a battle going on under the breath of each post. The sense of community within the forum is just not there.

It could be the fact that we motorbike owners can convey an idea easier to each other because the engine and the drive-train is in front of our faces. I know in the process of building my wiring harness from scratch came from loudHVX's diagrams and the carburetor adjustment was strait off this forum from people who had done it and with pictures. It very well could be easier to work on a bike but I don't think that is what makes this forum different. All in all, I respect the very knowledgeable people who post on the threads of this website. I nod my head to all the people who post every detail of their projects and problems with follow ups on them, all the way until the end. This forum is sweet guys.

1980 KZ 1045 LTD Currently Workin' It Out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hatchet
  • User
  • It's better in the wind.
More
13 Dec 2012 02:39 #562757 by Hatchet
Replied by Hatchet on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
This is why we don't drive cars.

But jokes aside, KZR is one in a million. Just look at places like caferacer.net or the Chopper Underground. It's like 4chan for motorcycle owners. Nothing but flame wars and terrible attitudes.

Between KZr and ChopCult, I've found my place in the community.

Bikers are a rare breed.
Harley riders are a dime a dozen.

'83 KZ750 LTD K1. "Don't make me get the belt..."

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
13 Dec 2012 04:08 #562764 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
Wheres this mustang forum at? B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
13 Dec 2012 05:11 #562767 by peavylotus
Replied by peavylotus on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
allfordmustangs.com The thread I talked of about a V8 owner starting V6 questions is located on the 'stapled' portion of the 'V6 Tech' part of the forum. Than all the other points I talk about you can see within the forum itself after some time reading through the forum.

1980 KZ 1045 LTD Currently Workin' It Out

More
13 Dec 2012 10:24 #562784 by SlowRide
Replied by SlowRide on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
The F 150 forums are pathetic also. You should copy and paste your question here.

Motorcycle forums are generally better places to get info.

More
13 Dec 2012 11:51 #562789 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
car owners are a different breed 50 years ago there was honor among thieves noth thwe sayin their is no honor among thieves

that saying changed by thr chabging world mustang ownwers cant be vette owners vette owners cant be viper owneers viper owners cant ve lamborgini owners

POSERS pure and simple they put other peoples shit down before some puts theirs down.

the hamb is like that real hot rod owners and then again a bunch of punk posers

Most posts are like that the real creators riders drivers are aq good bunch of guys allot of autozone boltone smartellics with allot of money and no skill or talent tend to lash out and dog those who would rather make it than buy a machine stamped piece.

my son is 21 and that shit out of a book is way cooler than any of the parts i've designed
natural flow of the kids with deep pockets

I had a hand built 670 hp bigblock 30 over 402 in a 66 chevelle that was straight painted and complete I finished the car mr deep pockets bought a 150 shot of nitrous and a set of heads
for a 98 nustang ran twice we both broke with 1 each on the street 900 mustang 3000 total and was running with a a matched 600 hores geared 15000 investment mustang guys are different

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
13 Dec 2012 13:11 #562793 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
FORD stands for:

1. Fix Or Repair Daily
2. First On Race Day
3. Found On Rumpke Dump
4. Found On Roadside Dead

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
13 Dec 2012 14:38 #562803 by silentchris
Replied by silentchris on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
corral.net is usually pretty good and explorerforum.com rocks

Speed is only a question of money. How fast do you wanna go?
1978 kz1000 ltd
Hailing from the wild suburbs of our nations capital

• wireman
  • User
More
13 Dec 2012 14:56 - 13 Dec 2012 14:58 #562806 by wireman

4TheKZ1000 wrote: .
FORD stands for:

1. Fix Or Repair Daily
2. First On Race Day
3. Found On Rumpke Dump
4. Found On Roadside Dead

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Can Here Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
Gotta Mechanic Comin
If chevys the heartbeat of America should we all learn cpr?? :woohoo:
:woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2012 14:58 by wireman.

• wireman
  • User
More
13 Dec 2012 15:19 #562810 by wireman

Attachment 280px-1st_Ford_Mustang_coupe1.jpg not found

Now tell me that doesnt look better than the everybody and his brother has one/built one cookie cutter camaros out there! :woohoo:

Attachments:

• wireman
  • User
More
13 Dec 2012 15:24 #562812 by wireman
Id also rather have a bigblock 69 nova ss over a bigblock 69 camaro! :woohoo:

More
13 Dec 2012 15:33 #562813 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Spending time on the mustang forum...
Twenty years ago, when I had a hot rod Mustang, I hung out at corral.net, and it was a pretty good place back then.

KD9JUR