Vetter website and cool ,bike,fairing history

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
01 Dec 2012 15:21 - 01 Dec 2012 15:27 #560801 by trianglelaguna
Vetter website and cool ,bike,fairing history was created by trianglelaguna
I have gotten to meet Craig a few times as he lives in the area and attends all the motorcycle events in the area...very nice guy and easy to talk to...supports motorcycles and events.....and really seems to enjoy himself around bikes & bike folk....sometimes I'll see a streamliner go by in my travels and it always brings a smile...we recently moved and it turns out he is living down the road( & up the mountain) and this week we have been seeing some very nicely finished product versions of his first cardboard/then plastic/and now aluminum streamliners going by the house as we moved our stuff in....a pair of gleaming smooth with new paint and logos,so i am thinking we may see some news soon from this new finished version....

here is his homepage i found while looking this morning...very very very cool

www.motherearthnews.com/blogs/blog.aspx?...1&tag=Craig%20Vetter

the one going by my house this week(two actually ) is very nice and seems more finished/farther along than this version

this is the one

i have seen coming along nicely for a few years
once a few years ago i saw something parked ,like this,but of cardboard and duct tape,super sleek and thought out

we rode on the quail gathering ride the same year and i took pics...this is not mine but my MKII was near for this shot

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Dec 2012 15:27 by trianglelaguna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
03 Dec 2012 19:03 #561195 by TomW
You got some mighty cool neighbors there, Tri. I swapped some e-mails and pictures with Craig when I was putting a Windjammer on my LTD. He gave me some very useful info on how to get it right. He is fer sure a very cool dude.

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Dec 2012 20:40 - 03 Dec 2012 20:45 #561202 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Vetter website and cool ,bike,fairing history
a few guys on goldwings were riding in his area of the single file line on the quail group ride...VERY cool older goldwings,older like the first few years/models and clean -patina- simple,with his fairings and bags....he would walk over and get out his wallet, fish around for a sticker and lay it in the goldwing guys hand ,or peel it and stick it on the vintage fairing with care and an eye for level/location,i think i even saw this happen when we were pulled over to take a break in that above picture 2011, folks were just milling around chatting,all very kick back and normal...i was very much liking the ride and the slice of americana cycle style.......very cool to watch him interact with riders and his products from decades ago...

I think we will be seeing something very soon in a motorcycle mag about the streamliners he is working on...the two that went past my house a few times looked very very finished and seemed to maybe be getting the bugs worked out/test rides for the latest ad ons finishing touches...as they would go by our place leaving on a ride,be gone a while...go back by going home,and then a half hr later head back out again....super smooth sleek shiny aluminum body like an old guzzi gp bike, and a like 2-3 ft vetter symbol/badge on the side

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 20:45 by trianglelaguna.

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
03 Dec 2012 22:23 - 03 Dec 2012 22:26 #561221 by TomW

trianglelaguna wrote: a few guys on goldwings were riding in his area of the single file line on the quail group ride...VERY cool older goldwings,older like the first few years/models and clean -patina- simple,with his fairings and bags....he would walk over and get out his wallet, fish around for a sticker and lay it in the goldwing guys hand ,or peel it and stick it on the vintage fairing with care and an eye for level/location,i think i even saw this happen when we were pulled over to take a break in that above picture 2011, folks were just milling around chatting,all very kick back and normal...i was very much liking the ride and the slice of americana cycle style.......very cool to watch him interact with riders and his products from decades ago...

I think we will be seeing something very soon in a motorcycle mag about the streamliners he is working on...the two that went past my house a few times looked very very finished and seemed to maybe be getting the bugs worked out/test rides for the latest ad ons finishing touches...as they would go by our place leaving on a ride,be gone a while...go back by going home,and then a half hr later head back out again....super smooth sleek shiny aluminum body like an old guzzi gp bike, and a like 2-3 ft vetter symbol/badge on the side

The story of the streamliners is well documented at www.craigvetter.com . Check it out. It's done in several "chapters".

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 22:26 by TomW.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Dec 2012 23:34 #561249 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Vetter website and cool ,bike,fairing history
wow i just spent an hour on that site...my dinner is cold now...thanks

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Dec 2012 23:37 #561250 by trianglelaguna
like i said though ...i saw this latest version mocked up and riding around doing shopping made of cardboard in 2007 and in 2009 it was yellow plastic and further along

2011 it was mixed plastic metal i think

but what i saw last week is not in any pics yet i've seen....you'll see it soon i'm sure

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife