I'm Back...

• Pontiacdude210
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Oct 2012 10:05 #556367 by Pontiacdude210
I'm Back... was created by Pontiacdude210
It's been a year, not much has changed. My KZ550 has been running beautifully all summer, in August it got really hot and I came out of work to find my burnt orange paint wrecked and a huge chunk of bondo I was unaware of lying on the ground. New paint is in order for the 550 over the winter, and probably a new tank. It could also use a seat cover and some TLC.

I also just bought a 77 KZ400 from my uncle. I have yet to pick it up, but it is in rough shape. The paint is all original and all good, it has fiberglass saddlebags and a fairing as well. The fairing is beat up but the rest looks good. It needs a new seat, tires, and some polish at the cosmetic level. Mechanically, it smokes, has a cam chain knock(I think), and needs a lot of work. It will need to be bored over, have the pistons replaced, the carbs rejetted or replaced, new fuel lines, new rings, and a full out fluid flush. I'm excited to get this going though.

Sadly, my 81 Invader 440 is leaving in a few weeks to live with the original owner :( It was necessart to get the KZ400 though. I don't ride sleds anymore anyway, and I want to see it go to good use.

-1980 KZ550C Viper Red, Black Fenders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pontiacdude210
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Oct 2012 10:06 #556368 by Pontiacdude210
Replied by Pontiacdude210 on topic I'm Back...
And, by "I was unaware of the bondo", that's exactly what I mean. This bike was definitely dropped a few times by the former owner.

-1980 KZ550C Viper Red, Black Fenders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.